Snake River Bass Report

MGTom

WFF Supporter
We did all the spring preparations and took the boat out for it's inaugural run of the spring on the Snake around Charboneau Park this morning. Water was 53 degrees everywhere. I found some perch and small bass but unfortunately the captain couldn't find any today. Didn't find any deep or shallow, all were around the weedline at 12' near deeper water. I let him go today, but we spent too much time fishing the summer feeding spots instead of where we should have been focused now. It's still a bit early, we could really use about 5 or so more degrees. Loved my new 8wt IMX-pro, really easy to move a big fly. The Allen 3 is way more reel than I'll ever need so I'll probably list it soon, I have a clearwater cassette comming. Waters comming up a degree a day so a week or two will be much better. The lot was empty all day and the potties locked.
20200516_ThunderJet.jpg

20200516_TomPerch.jpg
20200516_TomSmallSMB.jpg

20200516_BowPosition.jpg

20200516_Captain.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts