Bass fishing

Peyton00

I try to fish this lake as much as i can til the pads and grasses choke it out.
Its been productive, but we haven't landed a big fish. These lil fellas are not bad, its knowing the big boys are still hiding that drives me back there.
My friend was the hot rod, he had 10+ fish to the boat in the few hours we fished. He was using his spinning rod and my flies couldn't keep up with his salamander action.
I did get 2 on poppers, gotta love the top water action. The other 3 i hooked were from a fast stripped flesh fly.

IMG_2461.jpg

Peyton00

I'd say for starters, don't stop fishing just cause the weeds get thick...

Looks fun.
Its a struggle when the lake gets choked. Its oars only, and every stroke is nothing but a blade full of grass. Not worth the fight/effort come July.

Rob Allen

Its a struggle when the lake gets choked. Its oars only, and every stroke is nothing but a blade full of grass. Not worth the fight/effort come July.

I know that there is a point where things become no longer fun, i feel that way about wind, which is why Patagonia never appealed to me, so i won't try to convince you, only recommend the possibility of a push pole?

Peyton00

A push pole is a great suggestion. I might give it a go come late summer. It could be the best fishing.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts