Snoqualmie Forks Access

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
Wow, I just logged on to verify and you're right. Son of a gun, my buddies and I were going to purchase permits. I don't think I've ever seen them sell out this early in the year.

Nothing like effing Vail and Weyerhauser. I was logged on a couple minutes in advance and it went from "Not open for sale" to "Pending Sell Out" in literally seconds. Saved me some cash but WTF?

Old Man

A very Old Man
What ruined it all for the few that obey laws is the Assholes that don't give a shit about public lands and use those places to dump their garbage. There used to be miles of logging roads that you could drive on . But the timber Companies started putting gates up to keep those ass holes from dumping garbage in the woods.

Was fishing the upper Sauk river one sunny day and I was out crawling over downed old trees and I came upon a place where people rough camped. One side of the log was clean and on the other side of the log was a well used garbage pit. It seemed that some people camped there before and used the log as a dividing line between their camp and the garbage.

People sure know how to pack it in but don't know how to pack it back out.

Old Man

A very Old Man
Well I can go to the local land fill and dump my garbage here in Butte. No cost what so ever. If you try to use the dump and your load is uncovered you have to pay 20 bucks to dump. I'm getting known here and they just wave me through.

JACKspASS

I know in Snohomish county(This was 13yrs ago) it was 20-30$ per 1/2 ton pickup, I'm sure it is north of that now. Montana and Idaho have rural dumpsters and transfer stations that cost nothing, and you don't see trash all over the woods, with exception of beer bottles and assorted small trash. Why would you drive 15miles up into the woods to dump, when you can go 5 miles in any direction and dump for free? Some residential places over here look like the county landfill, don't mistaken them for one or you might get shot or bit

Jakob B

Washington Native and college age angler
Should your front yard also be free to the public? If you want access, pay the owner.
The logging companies don't always own the land... most often they are leased to them by the government (i.e. national forests like Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie national forest). They used to be widely used publicly until too many people went shooting where they're not supposed to or had huge bonfires and caused trouble. Logging companies should not be allowed to monopolize what is technically public land. I see why they needed to put gates up but still, it's frustrating. Licenses already cost enough, gotta pay out the ass to get way up into the mountains, come on.

Jakob

Jakob B

I have been up in areas around Darrington that used to be open to the public. Well they installed gates because the public trashed the areas. It only takes a few people to fuck it up for the masses.:(
Agreed, that's what I was trying to elude to earlier. Some people just can't help themselves and they don't even know it...

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I'm happy to pay to access land, if it means it is actually patrolled and stops assholes from destroying the river. I feel sorry for folks who can't afford it though.

Jakob B

I'm happy to pay to access land, if it means it is actually patrolled and stops assholes from destroying the river. I feel sorry for folks who can't afford it though.
Gates don't always stop the yahoos or degens. Thats the problem. I can afford it but it's not a cost I think I should have to pay given what I have said above... also when they run out of passes I don't even have the option to. Monopolize and drive up the price, always finding new ways to pimp out our natural resources. SMH

wetline dave

Jacob,

The timber lands north of North Bend are not public lands that the pass applies to. that was owned by Weyerhasuser and then sold to someone else which was then managed by Hancock timber management firm and then turned over to Camble for the purpose of managing timber harvest.

Dave

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts