Snoqualmie Forks Access

What wet line Dave said.

As for gates on public land, those roads are built for logging access, not that I agree with the way this is done, but they are not designed for recreational access. I do agree with keeping motorized Recreational vehicles Out of those areas. They are not closed to the public, just closed to motorized vehicles by the public.

wetline dave

Just a clarification, The Tree Farm is private land and to go into it in any way shape of form is trespassing and a person can be subject to a citation. And believe me if the Sherriff has to come up there he IS going to write a ticket and the biggest one he can.

Respect the land owner even if you don't like it. Too much bs and they could easily cut off the passes as they have the discretion to do so.

Dave

fly-by

WFF Supporter
The logging companies don't always own the land... most often they are leased to them by the government (i.e. national forests like Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie national forest). They used to be widely used publicly until too many people went shooting where they're not supposed to or had huge bonfires and caused trouble. Logging companies should not be allowed to monopolize what is technically public land. I see why they needed to put gates up but still, it's frustrating. Licenses already cost enough, gotta pay out the ass to get way up into the mountains, come on.

Jakob
The area in question is not "technically public". It's private. There are FS roads that cut through it and you can access the river at the top where it does become public. Unfortunately the closures this spring put pressure on even the fee areas with trespassing, offroading, shooting, and other activities that may make the owners reconsider.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
I was up the MF in August 2020 and the Bessemer Creek slide referred to in the article was cleared and the road repaired. Here is a link to the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF Road and Trail Conditions

Matt B

WFF Supporter
I was up the MF in August 2020 and the Bessemer Creek slide referred to in the article was cleared and the road repaired. Here is a link to the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF Road and Trail Conditions
Yes the MF Highway Racetrack road is open and biz-zay.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts