Sharpes Scottie Eighty Eight

Dave Westburg

WFF Supporter
Picked up a Sharpes Scottie Eighty Eight impregnated 2/1 for a great price on the auction site. Weighs 4.75 oz on my scale. It's staggered ferrule so the butt section is several inches shorter than the tip section by design. Perhaps wiser minds than me can explain why rodmakers do this.
c1dlDDKASxeGQeozpuPWLQ.jpg

%ILo6eYTSI+duu2BTJpT9A.jpg

eNPZfx1nSJyzcJlgCA2ncg.jpg

The rod is rated for a 5/6 weight line. Put it through its paces on a windy rainy day today casting damsel flies on a 5 weight intermediate line. It worked like a charm. Easy to cast and enough power to handle the wind. the 11-15 inch rainbows put a bend in it.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.25.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.25.24 PM.png

I wasn't the only one catching fish. Here's Greg Armstrong into a fish on his 8' Homer Jennings.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.24.19 PM.png

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
That’s a nice rod Dave. I have two Sharpes rods, one just like yours as you know. They’re underrated here in the states.

Dave was a fishing machine at that lake. That Scottie rod got a workout! I stayed twice as long and caught half as many.

In spite of the rain and wind it was another enjoyable day!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts