Fishing suggestions?

Ghendren3

I’m going to be traveling From Minnesota to Gold Bar area from June 23-30 and was hoping to get into some steelhead. I’ve read that the Skykomish isn’t the spot to go to if you want to run into a few of em and was wondering if there was any other good areas to try out that time of year.I am willing to drive a distance. Thanks

Last edited:

KillerDave

Have camera, will travel...
As far as steelhead go, wrong place / wrong time!

But you ARE traveling to a beautiful area with some interesting & fun fishing. Maybe focus on that?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’ve fished for steelhead for many years, but spent the this past winter dreaming of Minnesota Northern Pike, largemouth, smallies and if I got lucky a Muskie.
My trip probably won’t happen.
Sounds like your trip will.
It is always worth wetting a line, but our steelhead game isn’t even close to what it used to be.
Have fun and good luck.
SF

JayB

Nothing to add to the chorus as far as steelhead go since you're getting accurate intel from everyone, but if you're in Goldbar and don't mind driving I think you'd potentially have a much more unique and interesting experience chasing sea-run cutts in the saltwater than chasing ghosts in the rivers in this state.

You can DIY it with information that you can find on this board and elsewhere, but bang-for-your-buck wise I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than a day of guided fishing with Nick (who posted above).

My father-in-law and I hired him for a day of SRC fishing and had a terrific day. Between the expertise he shared, his knowledge of where to go, and the sheer amount of effort he put in getting us into fish we definitely got every penny's worth of value out of the deal.

Whatever you do - have a great trip.

-Jay

Wade Spani

If you know what steelhead water looks like you’ll find some if you poke around the limited river access points and do some hiking. There may or may not be fish around. You will find homeless folks and crackheads for sure. Got a steelhead today but someone also bent the shit out of my Jeep soft top window trying to pry it open.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
June, fishing skinny water in Washington. If they had a heavy snow pack this year the rivers should be a nice shade of white. It's runoff at this time of the year. If they get some hot weather you could be washed out; Go fish the sound for Sea Run Cutthroat. They are a lot of fun.

O' Clarkii Stomias

If you know what steelhead water looks like you’ll find some if you poke around the limited river access points and do some hiking. There may or may not be fish around. You will find homeless folks and crackheads for sure. Got a steelhead today but someone also bent the shit out of my Jeep soft top window trying to pry it open.
That really sucks!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts