Fantastic lake fishing last night!

Freestone

WFF Supporter
Unfortunately, I just watched and didn’t bother to rig up a rod.

If people are still wondering why fishing got closed down, this was last night. There was a sign at the foot of the dock explaining the social distancing guidelines. Oh, and I could be wrong, but not all of these people seemed to be together based upon 10 minutes of observing who was talking to whom. They at least kept the baby away from the crowd while I was there but people took turns going back down the dock to hold and/or visit her. Other general rules lakes that I have checked out have also been crowded as for some people, it is all about filling up the freezer. There’s nothing wrong with that but I sure hope that people use more discretion this weekend and don’t get us shut down again!

8BC3E6BC-51D0-4AD4-8AA4-7A151CA50EF7.jpeg

Jim Darden

You forget that the objective was to flatten the curve so our hospitals could handle the surge of cases. We have done that. They may never find a cure for this disease so we are going to eventually face it or live in a cave. People are beginning to realize we have been given a lot of misinformation about the severity of the disease and the number of cases that would occur. People are exercising their right to access the risks and act according to their judgement. If you are concerned about your exposure, stay home.

SquatchinSince86

Totally Unprofessional
You forget that the objective was to flatten the curve so our hospitals could handle the surge of cases. We have done that. They may never find a cure for this disease so we are going to eventually face it or live in a cave. People are beginning to realize we have been given a lot of misinformation about the severity of the disease and the number of cases that would occur. People are exercising their right to access the risks and act according to their judgement. If you are concerned about your exposure, stay home.

I dont believe there was misinformation about the severity of the disease or number of possible cases. We were just lucky that enough people got their heads out of their asses and listened. In my opinion the measures taken worked. So we didnt get to fish for a month, oh well.

If this disease ripped us even bigger of a new one folks would be up in arms that government didnt do enough, but when government action works, folks think it over stepped some kind of arbitrary boundary. Can't please anyone these days.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I'm cautiously sitting on the sidelines while so many seem to be willing to walk into a potential hail of bullets. For me, still way too many unknowns.
BTW, I'm 70 and healthy and hope to stay that way.
What? You want to stay 70 forever? :p I'm still wearing a mask in the grocery store, but I'm noticing fewer masks and less social distancing among the younger crowd.

NukeLDO

The grocery that I frequent, mainly because it's closest to the house, is also the most expensive in town. I'm fine with that, I pay for the convenience and happen to think they have the best produce outside of the farmers market. Three weeks ago, I'd say 90% of shoppers wore masks. When there on Wed, I was one of the 25% who were sporting them. Yep, people's respect for each other and the potential of this virus is definitely on the wane.

girlfisher

Unfortunately, I just watched and didn’t bother to rig up a rod.

If people are still wondering why fishing got closed down, this was last night. There was a sign at the foot of the dock explaining the social distancing guidelines. Oh, and I could be wrong, but not all of these people seemed to be together based upon 10 minutes of observing who was talking to whom. They at least kept the baby away from the crowd while I was there but people took turns going back down the dock to hold and/or visit her. Other general rules lakes that I have checked out have also been crowded as for some people, it is all about filling up the freezer. There’s nothing wrong with that but I sure hope that people use more discretion this weekend and don’t get us shut down again!

View attachment 240142
because of the increase of evildoing, the love of many will grow cold.

Old406Kid

Spokane had 13 new cases Thursday and 18 new yesterday. I haven't heard the particulars but have to wonder if it's related to the easing or just a coincidence.

up2nogood

What? You want to stay 70 forever? :p I'm still wearing a mask in the grocery store, but I'm noticing fewer masks and less social distancing among the younger crowd.
I live on a small city park, you would not believe what I have seen from the start from the younger crowd, for that matter all age groups, but mostly the younger millennial age . What surprised me the most was the younger pre teen to early teen groups allowed to be together. I have seen birthday parties with groups of 20 or more. The list goes on.

Freestone

WFF Supporter
I appreciate the observation and am glad you remained safe @Freestone, but I can'T "like" the photos. Far too many people are Coviidiots, unfortunately. I'm with @Old406Kid; I'll continue to remain cautious. Some folks won't learn until they are in the hospital or they send someone dear to them to the hospital. Sad.
Like you guys, I am trying to be really safe as I am still caring for Mom. She’s doing pretty good for 90 but I don’t want to take a chance of bringing something home to her and then feel guilty the rest of my life. So, we are having groceries delivered and I haven’t been to a store since March 6th.

I also haven’t fished since Feb. 8th and I am going crazy! All of my gear is at home except for one ‘car rod’ and a few car flies. Believe it or not, I am boatless here and it is driving me crazy! Next trip home, I am bringing my WaterMaster back with me (I haven’t been home since March). Plus, I am not used to being cooped up in a city apartment and long to be home. But unless I buy a house that is elderly-friendly so I can have Mom move in, it looks like I will be here for a while, although I hope to go back and forth a little more often once restrictions are eased.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I live on a small city park, you would not believe what I have seen from the start from the younger crowd, for that matter all age groups, but mostly the younger millennial age . What surprised me the most was the younger pre teen to early teen groups allowed to be together. I have seen birthday parties with groups of 20 or more. The list goes on.

I wonder if they even give a shit about their parents and other older family members? Or are these the kind of parents like some of the posters here? I myself enjoy breathing! Safe side for me.....

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts