Crab Creek.... Round 2

Sir Angler II

The Salmon Slayer
I went over there today. Didn't fish, because it is closed. I was actually visiting family but my dad and I were close enough to take a quick look. My last thread on this location was absolutely ridiculous, and quite hilarious. Anyways, Here's the report. No browns. :( I saw some nice rainbow trout rise (12-15 inches). And there was one fish in the pool that was an absolute beast. Majority of the fish were somewhat small, but in the mix of the small guys there were some toads. All and all it looks like a cool place and I'm pretty interested in going again. I didn't get bitten by amd I didn't see any snakes, shot by drug traffickers or anything, but I did get quite a few ticks. Yall were right about the ticks....
SA II

Buzzy

CRAB CREEK - Adams/Grant Co. from mouth to Morgan Lake Rd. in Sec. 36 ALL GAME FISH Sat. before Memorial Day-Sept. 30 Statewide min. size/daily limit. from Morgan Lake Rd. in Sec. 36 to O'Sullivan Dam (including Marsh Units I and II impoundments) ALL SPECIES CLOSED WATERS. from the confluence of the Moses Lake outlets to Sand Dunes Rd. including tributaries BLUEGILL Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit, except combined limit of bluegill and crappie is 25 fish. CRAPPIE Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit, except min. length 9". Combined limit of crappie and bluegill is 25 fish. YELLOW PERCH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit, except daily limit is 25 fish. OTHER GAME FISH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit. from the fountain buoy and shoreline markers of 150' down stream of the Alder Street fill to Grant County Rd. 7 NE BLUEGILL Year-round Min. size 8". Daily limit 5. CRAPPIE Year-round Min. size 9". Daily limit 10. YELLOW PERCH Year-round Daily limit 25. OTHER GAME FISH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit. above Grant County Rd. 7 and all tributaries except Goose Creek in the city of Wilbur. ALL GAME FISH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily lim

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
CRAB CREEK - Adams/Grant Co. from mouth to Morgan Lake Rd. in Sec. 36 ALL GAME FISH Sat. before Memorial Day-Sept. 30 Statewide min. size/daily limit. from Morgan Lake Rd. in Sec. 36 to O'Sullivan Dam (including Marsh Units I and II impoundments) ALL SPECIES CLOSED WATERS. from the confluence of the Moses Lake outlets to Sand Dunes Rd. including tributaries BLUEGILL Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit, except combined limit of bluegill and crappie is 25 fish. CRAPPIE Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit, except min. length 9". Combined limit of crappie and bluegill is 25 fish. YELLOW PERCH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit, except daily limit is 25 fish. OTHER GAME FISH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit. from the fountain buoy and shoreline markers of 150' down stream of the Alder Street fill to Grant County Rd. 7 NE BLUEGILL Year-round Min. size 8". Daily limit 5. CRAPPIE Year-round Min. size 9". Daily limit 10. YELLOW PERCH Year-round Daily limit 25. OTHER GAME FISH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit. above Grant County Rd. 7 and all tributaries except Goose Creek in the city of Wilbur. ALL GAME FISH Year-round Statewide min. size/daily lim
I'm glad I don't have to interpret that. It reads like the outlets of Moses Lake are closed to Sand Dunes road. That part is usually thought of as part of Moses Lake. Below Sand Dunes Road is where the walleye fishermen come up as far as they can.

NukeLDO

Which by my calendar was yesterday.
Yep, that would have been yesterday.
Most of the creeks and streams around Walla Walla were blown out by the week of rain preceding, and the Walla Walla itself is high and muddy. A few will be back in shape in a day or two, but the Walla Walla will be a while.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Nope. Round 3 will include Sir's report of great fishing with an old-timer he meets there. The fella shows him the ropes & they have a great day. It may be a bit unnerving when the Op learns that the "old-timer" passed-away some 30 years ago though . . .
Ah! I remember that episode of Fishing the West with Larry Schoenborn now! Lee Wulff being there was a shocker, then
teaching Sir II how to tie a fly without a vice was something else.

Redford spying from the scrub was ominous, however..

dustinchromers

I went over there today. Didn't fish, because it is closed. I was actually visiting family but my dad and I were close enough to take a quick look. My last thread on this location was absolutely ridiculous, and quite hilarious. Anyways, Here's the report. No browns. :( I saw some nice rainbow trout rise (12-15 inches). And there was one fish in the pool that was an absolute beast. Majority of the fish were somewhat small, but in the mix of the small guys there were some toads. All and all it looks like a cool place and I'm pretty interested in going again. I didn't get bitten by amd I didn't see any snakes, shot by drug traffickers or anything, but I did get quite a few ticks. Yall were right about the ticks....
SA II
I'm just happy you survived. Only way to know if you were a victim of radiation poisoning though is long term monitoring. You could have it and not know it.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts