SA Sonar leaders

Speyrod GB

Just wondering how many folks here have tried them. Unlike my Airflo poly leaders, there is no mono tag to attach a tippet ring or mono to.

I purchased one the other day and tried to attach a piece of mono to it with a nail knot. The knot slid right off. I then tried a blood knot. It slid off. I did get a surgeons knot to hold. My confidence level was KNOT high. I checked on the SA website and could knot find any info on how to attach a mono tippet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Interesting, haven’t seen those.
Could you create a loop on the end of the leader then add the tippet with a perfection loop knot or whatever type of loop you wanted?
SF

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
Speyrod

I went through the same ordeal. I eventually got some 15lb Maxima to hold with a nailknot. It took a bunch of wraps. I was thinking of adding some of those loop kits you can buy.

Speyrod GB

The triple surgeons knot works, but it's knot pretty. I don't know if a perfection loop will hold. the stuff is pretty slick. The braided loops might work, they seem to grip under tension. Then add some super glue. I might even scuff up the surface a little. Thanks.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Sorry, should have been more clear.
I assume the leader has a coating.
Double the end over and create a loop like you would on a fly line is what I meant to say.
Then attach your tippet with a perfection loop or whatever loop you’d like.
SF

Speyrod GB

I could try to nail knot the loop closed. I have done that with other sinking tips. I usually add some super glue or uv resin afterwards.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
How about that knot you tie on the end of your fly line to attach it to your backing. What is it an Albright knot where you double back your fly line.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts