UV resin

Phil Fravel

Friendly
This year I decided to coat my chronimids with UV resin. Not really sure what the brand name is. I noticed that if hook got steessed or bent the fly developed a cloudy look. Has any body experienced this before. I have been using fingernail polish for years to coat my flies. But the Resin gave a nicer look in the box. And was much quicker than many layers of fingernail polish.

Just looking for feed back?

toadthedry

Yes. I use superglue. Works well. Have had varied success with uv. Others like it. But I am good with superglue.
Mike

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
Micro fractures refract light, so perhaps this is what you’re seeing? If so, perhaps something like Solarez Flex would be better?

Does it look cloudy when wet, though? Water might clean it up.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Possibly the hook flexing is causing a gap somewhere in the resin and allowing water to penetrate under, causing it to get cloudy?

Haven’t ever had that issue.
What brand of UV Cure?
SF

Phil Fravel

Friendly
Possibly the hook flexing is causing a gap somewhere in the resin and allowing water to penetrate under, causing it to get cloudy?

Haven’t ever had that issue.
What brand of UV Cure?
SF
That is exactly what is happening. Daiichi.

Thank you for reply

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts