NFR Beer Sales during quarantine

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
If they had craft beers in the 60s, I wouldn't have been able to afford them, so Oly and Rainier it was.

Sg,
I didn’t drink in the 60’s, too young.

But if they had craft beer in the 70’s, I can guarantee I would have figured out a way to acquire some well before my freshman year in college. ;)
SF

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Growlers, the most expensive almost six packs out there.....

That is definitely true.

I’m just glad they are able sell that many so they at least have the opportunity to keep their business alive during all this shit.
SF

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Growlers, the most expensive almost six packs out there.....
Agreed they are pricey. For some beers though it is worth every penny when they don't bottle/can that particular beer. Nice to see breweries canning a lot more of their beers during COVID as their keg sales decline.

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Agreed, and this sounds like it supported a cool local business so a win-win. I still get the occasional growler for just those reasons. I dig a good cask beer too so I'll grab a growler of that occasionally.

But what kills me is when one of my local breweries sells a growler for more than a sixer of bottles that they bottle in house! The growler has to cost them way less than the sixer. That said there are always tourists walking out with their prized growler so it seems to work for them.

Philonius

WFF Supporter
I've been buying growlers to support my local establishment, EBB West Seattle. They have all growlers at half off. That and a generous tip gets me up into the hoity-toity high dollar six pack zone, but it's for a good cause. I do cheat on them with el cheapo from TJ's though.

Old Man

A very Old Man
Beers beer. Have one beer and it tastes good. Drink another and it starts to taste bad. Don't drink the third one because it tastes like shit. I just like to stick with hard booze. I like good bourbon. Just can't afford it all the time.

About the only time beer tastes good is when you have a wee buzz on and the beer is free.:rolleyes:

Porter

Beers beer. Have one beer and it tastes good. Drink another and it starts to taste bad. Don't drink the third one because it tastes like shit. I just like to stick with hard booze. I like good bourbon. Just can't afford it all the time.

About the only time beer tastes good is when you have a wee buzz on and the beer is free.:rolleyes:

After a few it always became more like water and goes down faster. That’s why you need a good steak/burger/dish of some sort that keeps you at that 4 minus mark. ;)

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Beers beer. Have one beer and it tastes good. Drink another and it starts to taste bad. Don't drink the third one because it tastes like shit.

OMJ, that like, just your opinion. Beer is an acquired taste, which is probably why so many people drink really crappy beer. Well, that, and crappy beer is usually cheap macro brew. You apparently just never acquired any taste for beer. Nothing wrong with that, but not having acquired a taste for beer makes you exactly the opposite of an expert on or aficionado of beer.

Porter

Yeah I like good beer, well crafted IPA’s, Pale Ale, a good Porter or Stout too, but what I was eluding to is that after 3-4 of them your not drinking for the taste any more.

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Yeah I like good beer, well crafted IPA’s, Pale Ale, a good Porter or Stout too, but what I was eluding to is that after 3-4 of them your not drinking for the taste any more.
I keep reading your posts about 3-4 beers and have to ask: is the '1' key broken on your keyboard? Seems like you keep trying to say 13-14 but it is not coming out right.

Porter

Yeah oh hell yes. Sorry I didn’t clarify. Breakfast is the starting point. 3-4 before, and take a break. Couple before lunch and one with lunch. Do some yard work until its 3pm ...hey it’s 5pm somewhere right? a good 4-5 before dinner and a couple with dinner and a finisher. Great day. Go to bed wake up at 530am and repeat. Unless your fishing the next day.. we’ll that’s a different program. ;)

Yard Sale

Huge Member
You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning.
Question is do you start with the good stuff and switch to the cheap stuff when you got a buzz going or start cheap then hit the darker beers?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts