Wading boots for the salt?

I fish the salt probably more than 65% of the time I'm out on the water. I'm pretty good about rinsing all my gear when I get home, but my boots never seem to stop oozing salt. Every pair I've ever bought eventually has all the metal hardware corrode and fall apart. Any suggestions for some better corrosion-resistant wading boots, other than flats boots? Most manufacturers don't seem to call out salt-resistant hardware unless the boots are made for flats fishing.

Beast Mode

I also have the corrosion issue with my last two pairs of Simms G3 Guide boots. At some point they changed the metal for the lace loops. Other wading boots don't have metal, I need to try them.

Bruce Baker

I fish the salt probably more than 65% of the time I'm out on the water. I'm pretty good about rinsing all my gear when I get home, but my boots never seem to stop oozing salt. Every pair I've ever bought eventually has all the metal hardware corrode and fall apart. Any suggestions for some better corrosion-resistant wading boots, other than flats boots? Most manufacturers don't seem to call out salt-resistant hardware unless the boots are made for flats fishing.
Simms made a wading boot for the saltwater environment, the Vaportread Boot - Salt. It has been discontinued, but maybe you can find a pair in your size somewhere.

Jake

My 2017/8(?) Simms G3 are still going strong after close to 500 salt sessions and only being rinsed on the rare occasions I fish a lake or river. Even the treads, though worn, are in great shape. The screws for the metal studs, however, have corroded to the point where I can’t get them out. Studs aren’t needed in the salt, but I was too lazy to take them out and now it’s too late. But that is the only issue with those boots.

Mems

I have two pairs of Simms for flats like CI. For Hawaii I use the Simms rip rap felt and tabis. My flats boots have held up well. My newer ones are the vapor treads. You might try steep and cheap.

D3Smartie

fish from a boat in your muck boots. win/win

dont use anything BOA. I rinse mine with SaltAway if i have to use them in the salt. Lug sole Simms have been the best for me.

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
Same here. My only beef is the heel cup fabric on one of them is a PITA but I had them for around 4 years. For just over a hundred bucks on sale I'd do them again.
Yeah, for the price it's not bad. Just need to be sure that the treads are locked in place.

theTastyPlecopteran

korkers buckskin has no metal components, specifically so it can be used in SW.
the Korkers Greenback is also salt friendly as mentioned.

Personally I never rinse anything and use the devils canyon boots. I literally can't break them and the boa system is a free replacement. I have never had to replace the boa due to salt corrosion, but there is a small amount that happens on the inner cog that you can't see. Boa is based in denver and will send you as many free cogs as you want.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts