Wading boots for the salt?

SinglehandJay

Misanthropist
Good old fashioned crocs. No metals at all on them and I personally haven't stepped on anything that slippery in the salt that needed any more traction than what they have. They are probably thick enough to put studs in if you really wanted to. If you do put studs post a picture, I want to see :D

wetswinger

My old traditional wading boots have finally died. I knew there must be a better way than the same old heavy, clunky wading boots. I have never really been happy with any of the big stout boots I've used in the past, so I thought I'd try something else this time. Scouring over the many post on this website I noticed a few people were using wetsuit boots so I started searching the different manufacturers offerings. Meh, nothing really turned me on. Then I remembered NRS. Ive used many of their items in years past when I was obsessed with WW kayaking and knew they made bombproof gear. Lo and behold, a wet shoe with a real boot sole.

I've been out for three trips in these boots and couldn't be happier. No problem on barnacles or oyster beds as the sole really is a stiff, firm boot sole. With the arch strap you can cinch them done for extra secure footing. There's a stiff rubber upper foot and heel layer and an extra rand around the toes. Pulls on and off easy with the heavy, reachable inside zipper. I use them with stocking foot chest waders so I ordered them one size larger.

No laces, no eyelets, nothing to rust. Super light as they don't fill up with water and with the stocking feet and heavy neoprene layers they are warm. Just perfect for a stroll on the beach...ATB : all terrain boot.
If bought through the factory, they have free return shipping if you need any service...

5weight

My old traditional wading boots have finally died. I knew there must be a better way than the same old heavy, clunky wading boots. I have never really been happy with any of the big stout boots I've used in the past, so I thought I'd try something else this time. Scouring over the many post on this website I noticed a few people were using wetsuit boots so I started searching the different manufacturers offerings. Meh, nothing really turned me on. Then I remembered NRS. Ive used many of their items in years past when I was obsessed with WW kayaking and knew they made bombproof gear. Lo and behold, a wet shoe with a real boot sole.

I've been out for three trips in these boots and couldn't be happier. No problem on barnacles or oyster beds as the sole really is a stiff, firm boot sole. With the arch strap you can cinch them done for extra secure footing. There's a stiff rubber upper foot and heel layer and an extra rand around the toes. Pulls on and off easy with the heavy, reachable inside zipper. I use them with stocking foot chest waders so I ordered them one size larger.

No laces, no eyelets, nothing to rust. Super light as they don't fill up with water and with the stocking feet and heavy neoprene layers they are warm. Just perfect for a stroll on the beach...ATB : all terrain boot.
If bought through the factory, they have free return shipping if you need any service...
Just to clarify, one size larger than your shoe size?

skyrise

CCA, Hatchery Wild Coexist
How about these waders for duck hunting built tough maybe too serious for searun fishing but you could use them for double duty ?
“High N Dry” waders are made for tough conditions from hunting to commercial shell fish work.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts