Rio Fathom Sinking Lines Lake Series.

Jiminsandiego

I broke my AirFlo Sixth Sense WF5/6 S3. I liked that line so I called Caddis Fly shop to buy another one. The guy suggested the (new) Rio "Fathom" line (designed for lakes). I googled some reviews and pulled the trigger. I got it today and tried it out on my local lake from a tube with a ten ft rod. I am one happy camper. It just felt "better". The head is black and the running line is brown. Virtually no tangles. And.. the way it sank seemed to be more "even". I was bummed when I broke my AirFlo line but now I'm kind of glad it happened.

Starman77

Thanks for the review! Love to hear how you find its durability over the next year or so, especially compared to the RIO Deep 7 lines. I also like the way the AirFlo Sixth Sense line casts and doesn't tangle very much, but I have to believe that the bright blue line and orange marker colors must scare away some fish.

Rex

Buzzy

Thanks for the review! Love to hear how you find its durability over the next year or so, especially compared to the RIO Deep 7 lines. I also like the way the AirFlo Sixth Sense line casts and doesn't tangle very much, but I have to believe that the bright blue line and orange marker colors must scare away some fish.

Rex
I need a type-3 full sinker and agree that bright blue and orange might not always be fish friendly. It seems Rio offers this new line in four colour* combinations including black/grey. Glad to hear Jim likes the way it casts.

* British/Canadian spelling; supposed to be loading my truck for my second (cancelled) BC trip this spring. :(

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts