Fishing Report

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
My grandfather was a shoe maker. Find a pair of shoes that fit your needs. Take them and a pair of felt soles to a cobbler and have them sewn and glued on. For a skilled cobbler, it's an easy task. That way you could put them in a small carrier with you other stuff and change very quickly whenever the need comes up.

Mark Koch

They still make these. I remember trying them in the early 90's with bear trap pedals. May work well with the Chota shoes. Not the same as being clipped in but may do the trick.

SUSteelie

I have been running solo shuttles on my bike since fishing opened back up. I will usually drop the boat at the put-in, move it away from the launch / hide it as much as possible (with no gear in it), drive truck and trailer to takeout, throw all my gear including waders and boots in a backpack with rod tube strapped to it, and use anxiety about my boat getting messed with or stolen to fuel a fast pedal back. Last time, I did leave my waders and boots hidden in the boat so I didn't have to bike with them.

Jan 2019 I did a month of bike touring, camping, and fly fishing through Chilean Patagonia. Fit two rods off the back strapped to a back rack. Made the bike long but had no issues with it and no leg rub associated with trying to have it along the top tube or down tube. Eventually started packing my sleeping bag in my waders, strapped to handlebars, as a makeshift dry bag.

Did some biking in waders and boots....it worked and would work moving spot to spot...but wasn't ideal obviously.

IMG_6840.jpeg

Use Crank Bros. double shots on my bike - they're awesome and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Ryder

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
I have been running solo shuttles on my bike since fishing opened back up. I will usually drop the boat at the put-in, move it away from the launch / hide it as much as possible (with no gear in it), drive truck and trailer to takeout, throw all my gear including waders and boots in a backpack with rod tube strapped to it, and use anxiety about my boat getting messed with or stolen to fuel a fast pedal back. Last time, I did leave my waders and boots hidden in the boat so I didn't have to bike with them.

Jan 2019 I did a month of bike touring, camping, and fly fishing through Chilean Patagonia. Fit two rods off the back strapped to a back rack. Made the bike long but had no issues with it and no leg rub associated with trying to have it along the top tube or down tube. Eventually started packing my sleeping bag in my waders, strapped to handlebars, as a makeshift dry bag.

Did some biking in waders and boots....it worked and would work moving spot to spot...but wasn't ideal obviously.

View attachment 241145

Use Crank Bros. double shots on my bike - they're awesome and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Ryder

any chance you could take a few minutes for a phone call some time this weel? awesome setup and im looking to do the same thing. my new steed is ready for the task.

Attachments

• 0530201426.jpg
    0530201426.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33

Ron McNeal

Tony Clifton wanna-be....
Glad you saw the humor. I should have mentioned in the post that, at my age (and shape), when I see your bike, all I can do is admire, envy, and think, "the guy knows what he's doing......"

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts