Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A Perfect Fish by Ken Abrames

Wanted 
2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Chic Worthing 
#1 ·
Anyone have a copy they don't want sitting on their bookshelf anymore?

#16 ·
As a general believer in efficient markets, this warrants an experiment that may help someone else in the future as well as clear some space on my bookshelf.

I have a paperback copy of the book in excellent condition that I will post to the ubiquitous auction site in the next couple days for the Half-Price-Books price noted above. Since it sold so quickly, it seems like it may have been below market equilibrium but who knows? I think the auction site is the best proxy of an efficient market for these sorts of niche items as it's less subject to the seller's subjective assessment of worth and/or the weird pricing algorithms you find with Amazon book resellers. Also, provides a more summetircal information exchange between buyer and seller via photos, feedback rating, etc.

If it doesn't sell at the price noted or above after two weeks, I'll lower the price by 10% until it sells. One way or another, we'll gain some insight into what this book that originally sold for $29.95 (at Avid Angler) to worth in today's market.

#18 ·
The book on Half Price Books was not a paper back, rather it was a hard back book reported to be in excellent condition. I don't quite understand what you are going to gain with this experiment other than how much money you make out of the situation at hand.

#22 ·
That is not a problem. BTW, I contacted Frank Amato Books and they said they had no plans to do another printing. They suggested I try to look for a used one on Amazon or Ebay and then I let them know what the prices were. No response to that. I will keep my eyes open in local book stores that take in used books. If I find one I will let you both know.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.