Nice Brown Trout Caught On West Branch Of Delaware River

MT_Flyfisher

Pictures of a large Brown Trout caught on the West Branch of the Delaware River have been circulated around the last few days. I used to fish there quite a lot a number of years ago, before it caught got commercialized and overrun with guides and drift boats. However, it still remains as one of the best wild trout fisheries in the United States.

28" 10lbs+ and caught on a size #20 BWO dry fly by Nick Zebrowski of Binghamton, NY.

Nick Zebrowski landed this monster 10-pound+ 28-inch brown trout on the Upper Delaware River today on a size 20 blue-winged olive dry fly. He says the rising trout made a tiny dimple when it rose to the dry fly, and after a few seconds he thought it could be a 20-inch brown trout. (Always an accomplishment on public water in the East.) Ten minutes later he released the biggest trout of his life, and the biggest wild trout we’ve ever seen on a size 20 dry fly. It’s a spectacular testament to the health of the Upper Delaware fishery!

https://www.facebook.com/flyfisherman/

B05E9564-7863-429B-B1CE-F3CB48C3752C.jpeg

Mike22

egzto8kf7m151.jpg

Fast Action Freddie

Having a drink in The Buff
Pictures of a large Brown Trout caught on the West Branch of the Delaware River have been circulated around the last few days. I used to fish there quite a lot a number of years ago, before it caught got commercialized and overrun with guides and drift boats. However, it still remains as one of the best wild trout fisheries in the United States.

28" 10lbs+ and caught on a size #20 BWO dry fly by Nick Zebrowski of Binghamton, NY.

Nick Zebrowski landed this monster 10-pound+ 28-inch brown trout on the Upper Delaware River today on a size 20 blue-winged olive dry fly. He says the rising trout made a tiny dimple when it rose to the dry fly, and after a few seconds he thought it could be a 20-inch brown trout. (Always an accomplishment on public water in the East.) Ten minutes later he released the biggest trout of his life, and the biggest wild trout we’ve ever seen on a size 20 dry fly. It’s a spectacular testament to the health of the Upper Delaware fishery!

https://www.facebook.com/flyfisherman/

View attachment 241037
Seems bigger than 28” - ether that’s a helluva long arm or it’s a photoshop Job.

I’m going with the latter - since there are no trout like that outside of Washington state! (Crustacean Crick in particular)

Last edited:

tallguy

My largest dry fly trout was also a 28" brown trout caught on a BWO dry, size 18, but it looked nothing like the size and heft of that first photo, nor was it an East Coast fish.. what a monster! Love those big trout rising in tiny dimples, chasing those was long my favorite hunting game when I lived near Reno.

that first photo made me think like 12 for that one! But 28" would be short for a fish of that weight, and I don't have much experience actually getting weights on any big trout, I never kept or weighed one.

Gyrfalcon21

Well, he looks like members in the band Weezer, and they are small guys, make a Gibson SG look like a bass, so the tiny guy, long arm formula calculates anywhere from 6 -17 pounds.

Hope that helps.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts