Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Vintage Coleman stove and lantern

FS 
1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  SpeySpaz 
#1 ·
$100 gets you both.
Located in Tacoma but I can get them up to the Seattle area.
We used both of these on our camping trips throughout the 60's and 70's.
It looks like my pops must have painted black over the original green on the stove at some point.
SF

Bumper Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
We used the lantern a ton when I was a kid.
I'm still not glowing. ;)
Just in case someone was concerned about Coleman mantels....

The Coleman Company, one of the world's largest makers of camping supplies, continued to use Thorium to make their mantles until the mid-1990s when they changed to yttrium, a non-radioactive compound that does not burn as bright, but burns longer.

I also have a new in the box Coleman stove from I believe is from the 50's or 60's that I might consider selling at some point but I need to do some research on it due to its pristine condition.
SF

#9 ·
We used the lantern a ton when I was a kid.
I'm still not glowing. ;)
Just in case someone was concerned about Coleman mantels....

The Coleman Company, one of the world's largest makers of camping supplies, continued to use Thorium to make their mantles until the mid-1990s when they changed to yttrium, a non-radioactive compound that does not burn as bright, but burns longer.

I also have a new in the box Coleman stove from I believe the 50's or 60's that I might consider selling at some point but I need to do some research on it due to its pristine condition.
SF
I ran across a forum for these old stoves a while back...
People collect them.

#12 ·
Still available and open to offers.

I’ll be in Tacoma both days this weekend.
I have a lot of other stuff I’d like to sell like tools, furniture, dish ware etc.
Way too much stuff to list. Shoot me a PM if there is something you might be looking for.

Thanks
SF

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.