What Would You Do

bpatton

Thanks for all the input.
I'm going to call them tomorrow, so stay tuned, this might get good.
The bottom line is that I've got enough going on in my life that I just want this resolved, they obviously don't want to fish with me, I don't want to fish with them, but they've been pretty deceitful through this whole thing, so give me my damn money back.
I certainly don't want to get a lawyer involved, although at this point I'd be willing to pay a little more just to say "FUCK YOU!"
I know the pandemic threw guiding for a loop for a while, which is why I thought we were being pretty low key by saying to just reschedule us, but when they make no effort to provide services already half-paid for I have no sympathy. But Nick, you seem like a guide I should look up sometime.

bpatton

I disagree, it does us all a favor to know whom not to book trips with. We love to give shout outs to great guides, I think we should also warn everyone about shady ones.
Completely agree with you
After a phone call this morning that I did Not think was going anywhere We got 90% refunded. While I think the 10% kept was their way of saying “fuck you,” I’m content and I’m not going to waste anymore energy I into this transaction.
If my experience represents how they operate as a guide service they’ll go under soon enough, if it was truly a misunderstanding they’ll Be around for years to come.
we got most of our money back so at this point I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

NRC

WFF Supporter
Thanks for all the input.
I'm going to call them tomorrow, so stay tuned, this might get good.
The bottom line is that I've got enough going on in my life that I just want this resolved, they obviously don't want to fish with me, I don't want to fish with them, but they've been pretty deceitful through this whole thing, so give me my damn money back.
I certainly don't want to get a lawyer involved, although at this point I'd be willing to pay a little more just to say "FUCK YOU!"
I know the pandemic threw guiding for a loop for a while, which is why I thought we were being pretty low key by saying to just reschedule us, but when they make no effort to provide services already half-paid for I have no sympathy. But Nick, you seem like a guide I should look up sometime.
Nick’s a bad influence, he’ll let you stay out on his boat until your shoulder is good and f***ed :)

Bowbonehead

I'm not sure how one can properly quarantine for the required 14 days before a float trip let alone stay 2 meters apart in a drift boat...... my guess is they are not playing by the rules .... my son just returned from 2 years in NZ which has no cases and he is in quarantine in a AirBnB until his 14 days are over .... we leave groceries outside his door every few days..... no going outside and yes the Police do check to make sure you are there.... In this area guiding is a no go for the season .........

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
1. Contact the State department that issued the guide/outfitter license and report the incident.
2. Contact a lawyer.
You can contact a lawyer. Most give a free 30 minute consult but that's where the freebies stop. A letter might help but you most likely will pay more for the lawyer than what you might get back from the outfitter. Try again once more and then go the social media route. Don't trash but do explain the circumstances. Remember, your outfitter is probably hurting for cash as well.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts