NFR Does Armed Guys Keep Looters at Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
I do not fear the truth but relieve some folks can’t handle the truth. Many people of all colors & races have been mistakenly kill by law enforcement. This is a real problem for sure ! Not committing criminal acts is not a privilege that has any race barriers it can Achieved by all ethnic groups. I don’t make or accept excuses for bad behavior irregardless of skin color or religious beliefs
There was no mistake made here. Get real.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Nick, why do we need to discuss Loyds death? It’s being handled. The one cop is charged with his murder. The other three idiots are fired and facing charges too. Shit happens every day somewhere in the US. Are we going to protest every injustice? Are the whackjobs gonna burn every city to the ground with no repercussions? Read MLK’s comments on race. The answer is to love one another, not divide by color.
Because we need to stop this BEFORE it happens, not after. "Being handled" does not work for those who died, or will be dead. The mindset has to be "This cannot happen ever!"

Wouldn't it be better that murders never happened? Prejudice never happened?

We don't need victims, prisons, bad cops given the opportunity to kill a life, extinguish that life, the victims families lives ruined.

Prevention is the key. Awareness is the key.

Last edited:

GSIEGEL

Because we need to stop this BEFORE it happens, not after. "Being handled" does not work for those who died, or will be dead. The mindset has to be "This cannot happen ever!"

Wouldn't it be better that murders never happened? Prejudice never happened?

We don't need victims, prisons, bad cops given the opportunity to kill a life, extinguish that life, the victims' families lives ruined.

Prevention is the key. Awareness is the key.
Yes...YES!!

But tell me how we do that.

I, for one, do not see the path as clear. My ultimate hope is that like the momentous events from 1860s-present, these recent ones are necessary for our (as a society) continued evolution. If we're wasting all this on politics, that is a true shame.

Zak

Regardless of one’s Christian beliefs or lack thereof, I would hope people can agree that quoting punishment for thieves from Old Testament law is kind of like operating on Windows 3.1
My understanding (very limited though it is) is that ancient rules of punishment from the Old Testament or Code of Hammurabi were moderating earlier, harsher punishments. So when they say say "an eye for an eye," they mean only an eye for an eye. Those ancients were trying to civilize people to a newer, gentler standard. Hopefully, we've progressed some more since then.

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
"...and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."
(From JFK's speech about going to the moon)

It is exactly because the path forward is not clear that we must pursue it.

The first steps ARE clear: no tolerance for the kind of actions that have caused the current paroxysms in our country. A president who will say, "the racist actions of evil men will not stand. I will bring all the power of the presidency to bear on making sure all citizens are treated with respect and that there are consequences for not doing so," instead of labelling those who protest injustice "terrorists."

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Yes...YES!!

I, for one, do not see the path as clear. My ultimate hope is that like the momentous events from 1860s-present, these recent ones are necessary for our (as a society) continued evolution. If we're wasting all this on politics, that is a true shame.
Sure wish I knew the clear cut way. Hate has to stop. Going to be a full collective effort when people really want it as a whole. Tomorrow is not fast enough.

jwg

Yes...YES!!

This: "Dallas police must intervene whenever a fellow officer is using excessive force, according to a new order from the city's police chief. Chief Reneé Hall is implementing the "duty to intervene" policy for all of the city's sworn and non-sworn police officers, according to a statement released overnight Thursday"

It took days of protest in the US and the world, but this is a step in the right direction.

This: "Police chiefs and sheriffs from Dallas; Burlington, Vermont; Ithaca, New York, and Charlotte, North Carolina, have all recently announced that they’ll implement so-called “duty to intervene” policies, which essentially guide officers toward pulling their colleagues off people they’re assaulting. Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer even said this week that she’d like to see the guideline enacted by all law enforcement agencies statewide".

Minneapolis may have had such a policy since 2016, so such policies also need to be backed up w discipline.

This: Statues of confederate traitors have been taken down around the south in the last few days.

It took days of protest in the US and the world, but this is a step in the right direction.

J

Rob Allen

I can see how the word 'privilege' might bother people who have obeyed all the rules and worked hard, without any special treatment--relative to other white people.

So for the moment let's call it "white normal".

You got to enjoy white normal, as did I.

A black person likely does not get to enjoy white normal, their reality is a different experience.

The phrase white privilege refers to the difference between white normal and minority normal.

J

American normal is people of any color working their asses off to overcome their limitations and the cards that are stacked against them. Lots of minority folks do this, just like women have done. Thus proving that anyone can do it and thus disproving the idea that achievement comes from privledge.

The end... that is the one and only truth. If privledge were a real thing there'd be no minority success stories.
The privledge of others is an exuse for systemic cultural failure.

The biggest determining factors in generational poverty is not race! It's life decisions.

Get a job, keep a job. Don't do drugs, get married and stay married. Those are the keys to financial success.

Single parenthood is the biggest reason for poverty.

surfnfish

All those b.s. rumors about Antifa being stirred up by extremist mililitant groups has consequences...this could have turned out very ugly

"A multi-racial family who tried to go camping in Forks, Washington were allegedly harassed and threatened by locals who accused them of being antifa members coming to riot.
At least four cars, some of which appeared to have people carrying semi-automatic rifles, followed the family as they drove to the campsite. As they pitched a tent, the family reported hearing gunshots and chainsaws. They decided to leave but found trees had been cut down to block the road out. Four local high-school students ended up calling police and using chainsaws to help clear the roadway for the family"

C

clate77

You've done all those things, have you achieved financial success ?
I’d say for anyone, it depends on how you define success as a person, but if you do those things and don’t commit crimes, your chances are pretty good.

I’m married 17 years with 9 (mostly) nice kids. Steady and rewarding job that pays well enough. No drugs or alcohol. It’s working so far. I call it success but someone else might think it’s living hell....who knows

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I was wondering how he defined financial success also, but ya know, ya gotta slowly here.
Besides the formula he put forth pretty much represents his worldview.

Baby steps...
;)

KerryS

Ignored Member
WFF Supporter
Get a job, keep a job. Don't do drugs, get married and stay married. Those are the keys to financial success.
Pretty simple huh.

For me the question would be what drugs haven’t you taken? I spent two years living on the streets of Seattle. I’ve been married more than once. I seriously doubt I could list all the jobs I have had in my life. I have had several successful jobs/careers and also a number of failures. I’m a high school dropout with a college degree. I raised three successful children that, fortunately for their mother, didn’t do it the same way I did and four grandchildren. At the moment I’m retired and financially stable. I’m a two time cancer survivor. I’m agnostic.

The are thousands of ways to live life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts