NFR Racism Today - A Different Prospective (Possibly)

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
1, never stop fishing to respond to me..

2. when a narrative can be proven wrong with data the narrative must be discarded. no matter how much of a beloved sacred cow it is to people.
I believe you missed my point. I also believe I did not explain it well. Everyone knows data is needed to help understand issues. I would never argue that.

I am saying people often use data to justify the actions or beliefs they have about certain things. Even if they are interpreting the data correctly, those actions do little to change the underlying driver or cause of the statistic they are referencing.

I am not going to call out what data or narrative I believe you are referencing. I’ll let you decide if you want to go that route. If I had to hazard a guess though, it would be that the actions of some (say the police) or some folks beliefs about certain groups of people, are justified because of raw statistics you can cite.

Great, but does that justify unjust actions against individuals? Furthermore, does putting blinders on to the driver of why the statistics you cite exist and may have a hand in perpetuating erase your argument for the actions or belief of some about others? I think it does.

What I am saying is data is a powerful tool. I know, I use it every day in my line of work. You have to be honest about how it is being used and interpreted though. Just because X exists, does no always mean Y is justified. Especially if Y results in actions like the unjust murder of an individual. Shouldn’t we try and understand why X exists? Or does looking at X make us uncomfortable because our society is a big driver of why it exists in the first place?

Big tide this morning was a bust but I was looking for salmon on MA 10 in June. A tough proposition to start with. I should be able to fish a little bit of the incoming later for SRC. We’ll see if that plays out better.

Ron McNeal

Remember Jimmy The Greek?..........
Oh. Candace Owens. The pro trump activist. The woman who said “If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine,”

Thanks, but i’m not interested.
I'd pay to see a list of your favorite "news" sources.....

Last edited:

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Most importantly, America by all data, is not an unjust nation. Narratives suggesting that it is are false and should be ignored.
I agree that rioting and looting is criminal. I have no interest in trying to justify that in any way.

The snippet I quoted from you above is extraordinarily broad and simply not true. I love this country and would not want to live anywhere else. However, there are many examples one could cite showing how some groups in this country have been treated unjustly. I am not talking solely from the perspective of race either.

bpatton

Most importantly, i hope the fishing improves for you..

I was going to give an example of what you are saying and I agree with but i don't think it will further the discussion as it relates to a separate issue but is a hot button for some.

I'll just say this. Unless you are revolting from the government with the intent of overthrowing an unjust government and replacing it with a just one, there is no data to support your narrative and your rioting is totally unjustified and you are a criminal.

America by all data, is not an unjust nation. Narratives suggesting that it is are false and should be ignored. Yet that is the only narrative you hear about.

Out..
LOL, that’s like the 20th time you said you were leaving the forum.

KerryS

Ignored Member
WFF Supporter
Most importantly, i hope the fishing improves for you..

I was going to give an example of what you are saying and I agree with but i don't think it will further the discussion as it relates to a separate issue but is a hot button for some.

I'll just say this. Unless you are revolting from the government with the intent of overthrowing an unjust government and replacing it with a just one, there is no data to support your narrative and your rioting is totally unjustified and you are a criminal.

America by all data, is not an unjust nation. Narratives suggesting that it is are false and should be ignored. Yet that is the only narrative you hear about.

Out..
LOL, that’s like the 20th time you said you were leaving the forum.
Hmmmmm, where does he say he is leaving?

smc

WFF Supporter
Nope you're wrong there. It is a historical term and in this case correctly used.
Driftless, this is a fraught subject in and of itself. There are other "historical" terms in this regard that should never be used by white people. I would suggest that your point would have been just as effective if you had avoided any reference to her race.

Just simply state the fact that she is a political shill. Many do it across the political spectrum, through all kinds of media. Facebook, her current last resort, is just the lowest common denominator.

Grayone

Fishin' to the end, Oc.P
WFF Supporter
i grew up on the 'near westside of Chicago' 15th street and California Ave. my neighborhood was ethnically diverse with folks from all over europe and the balkans but no asians or black people. the city was run by a series of aldermen, each with a specific geographic area under control. our alderman made it a point to keep blacks and asians out of our immediate neighborhood. but if you were alive and remember the Chicago riots with the democratic national convention, that happened on 12th street so not that far from my home.

my dad was a fighter pilot who spend the war years in the S Pacific, conflicts which never make the news because they were so terribly bloody. did you know more people were killed in the one island invasion of Iwo jima than on all the beaches of Normandy?? when he returned from that duty, he remained in the active reserves. he was reactivated when the Cuban missle crisis erupted and was sent to Sumpter, SC. from there his wing flew daily patrols up and down the east coast, Greenland to just short of Cuba.

my mom who spent all the war years not knowing if my dad was alive or dead asked the family to move to SC. i clearly remember going into the business center of that city with my dad and seeing a 'colored only' drinking fountain. i had never seen colored water before but my dad about jerked my arm off pulling me away. i was in 3rd grade and the white southern kids took it upon themselves to harase and threaten a white kid from the city. at one point i had to ram this kids head into the chainlink fence around the playground to put a stop to this.

when i retired, i decided to do a big MC tour labeled the '4 corners' by the Ironbutt riding club. Blain, WA -> Madaska, MN -> Key West, FL -> San Ysidro, CA. what i found in the SE is exactly what i experienced as a small kids decades before.

can we change now?? certainly not with the orange man in the WH and the bobble head GOP senators currently seated. this is very depressing to me to see our country fall into 3rd world status in 3 short years.

stay safe out there, you life and mine depend on it!
B.

Bowbonehead

I hope all that is going on leads to a better country for all..... I am glad to have grown up in Canuckistan which while we are in no way immune to oppression it seems to be less at least in my eyes and it is very apparent in the younger generation who have grown up in the mixing pot that Canada now is ......my mother who is from Minnesota and is now 88 shakes her head in wonder if she will ever see her sisters again ....... treat everyone like you would like to be treated yourself .......

jamma

A couple of observations:

Isn't all this turning into an identical rerun of the Rodney King incident? and

I think I am ready for A.I. to take over. ;)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts