Trip Report ELWHA River

Porter

Did a drive by the other day, gorgeous water. Gonna need to do a day hike, find a nice hole, sit down have a turkey harvati dijon mustard sandwich and mentally picture me casting to that hole!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Did a drive by the other day, gorgeous water. Gonna need to do a day hike, find a nice hole, sit down have a turkey harvati dijon mustard sandwich and mentally picture me casting to that hole!
If you are ever up that way again and find yourself hungry without any food, stop by the Longhouse Deli and Market outside Sequim.
Excellent grub.
SF

gt

river is up a bit and off color with the snow melt. you can hike in on the W side of the lower river up to the former campground, Altaire, and from there head up river. heading to the E overlook and then the trail down to the big gravel bar could be an interesting start. of course fishing on the Elwha is closed but a nice hike anyway, probably 15-18 R/T. pick a nice day, pretty scenic and an interesting hike to boot.

Last edited:

Dave Maddock

river is up a bit and off color with the snow melt. you can hike in on the W side of the lower river up to the former campground, Allingham(?), and from there head up river. heading to the E overlook and then the trail down to the big gravel bar could be an interesting start. of course fishing on the Elwha is closed but a nice hike anyway, probably 15-18 R/T. pick a nice day, pretty scenic and an interesting hike to boot.
That run below 101 is looking sweet!!!
Would love to swing a fly there.
Maybe next year.

gt

That run below 101 is looking sweet!!!
Would love to swing a fly there.
Maybe next year.
i think you can still get access, river left. don't know when the replacement bridge construction is to begin but that could screw up access for sure.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts