Need help in finding a heddon 2 1/2 female ferrule

Fishgolfman55

Looking for a female ferrules for heddon 125 expert 21/2 F. The ferrule ferrule for the tips is missing in a 125 expert rod. Middle section. Need female ferrule. Anybody got one to sell or suggest a place that may have it. I don’t want to redo the tip ferrules as tips and rest of rod in excellent shape.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Try Michael Sinclair. He literally wrote the book on Heddon bamboo rods and he does repairs. Good chance he may be able to help.
I don’t have contact info, but look him up on the Classic Bamboo forum.

Fishgolfman55

Steve
I know you advocate that! Unfortunately my vehicle and storage wouldn’t accommodate a 9ft one piece rod but a 3/6 foot is intriguing just storage issues in nyc!!

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Lue’s right, if you can’t find Heddon replacements, maybe replace all. Or try the auction site for a fixer, but the ferrules might not be any good....Are you going to restore or fish this rod?

Fishgolfman55

The wraps on the Butt section of rod and both tips are as New! Don’t won’t to mess it up. Planning to fish not collect/store. Will wait it out on the auction site For part rod. Heddon #125 was made to be sold thru Sears It is also a heddon #20. #20 were made by heddon thru out it’s history. So finding 2 1/2 F should be easy...So it seems.

Fishgolfman55

My guess since it was a heddon trade rod for sears probably a rolled welt, less expensive then soldered hand welt. I think I located a several sets from a friend who is sending a bunch over. I get to try them out and send back. Also bidding on a 125 expert that needs work.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts