Hoh river closed

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Will the river still be netted? Anyone know??

what a pointless question. should WA make bad decisions simply because others are? or is it better to lead by example? I am just going to put my opinion out there. The tribes need the fish. Lack of economic opportunity, cultural significance (even if the fishing techniques are not the same), and treaty rights all agree. If the local tribal fisherman decide to harvest the very last wild salmon in the river (which would totally suck) i will still respect that choice. Maybe if we stop doing harm, there will be an actual incentive for the tribes to change there approach. I certainly don't see a world where tribes stop fishing but fishing guides and the forks local boys are still out there ropin em in....

bpatton

Or maybe we could all work together rather than letting it get to the point where a group of people decimates a native population...?

But I don't know, I'm new here.

Jamie Wilson

what a pointless question. should WA make bad decisions simply because others are? or is it better to lead by example? I am just going to put my opinion out there. The tribes need the fish. Lack of economic opportunity, cultural significance (even if the fishing techniques are not the same), and treaty rights all agree. If the local tribal fisherman decide to harvest the very last wild salmon in the river (which would totally suck) i will still respect that choice. Maybe if we stop doing harm, there will be an actual incentive for the tribes to change there approach. I certainly don't see a world where tribes stop fishing but fishing guides and the forks local boys are still out there ropin em in....
Respect but don’t agree. Co management is co management

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Respect but don’t agree. Co management is co management
what co-management are your referring too? in this real world, not a "best case scenario" which as far as i can tell, does not exist. like how the USA "co-managed" the fish into this position with logging, dams, overfishing, habitat loss, etc etc?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts