Discover Pass not needed at Amber?

Chad Nason

Folks, just a heads up... I neglected to put my Discover Pass in my window at Amber recently and was slapped with a $100 ticket. I asked for a hearing hoping to get off the hook... and was sent a letter that:

"... upon further investigation, the area where the associated vehicle was parked is owned by the Department of Fish and Wildlife, adjacent to Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission property. Therefore, a Discover Pass was not required."

I was parked with my kayak trailer in the parking lot... in the trailer spaces. A good buddy of mine also got a ticket, and paid it before I received my response. I can only imagine how many intentionally false tickets are issued... how much bogus revenue Washington State Parks knowingly collects from this parking lot. You may want to check regs to make sure I'm not just lucky and am getting off when I shouldn't be, but it looks like WA Parks just issues tickets to see if unwitting citizens fork over their cash unnecessarily.

Hope this helps someone.... and doesnt get anyone any tickets.

Old406Kid

Folks, just a heads up... I neglected to put my Discover Pass in my window at Amber recently and was slapped with a $100 ticket. I asked for a hearing hoping to get off the hook... and was sent a letter that:

"... upon further investigation, the area where the associated vehicle was parked is owned by the Department of Fish and Wildlife, adjacent to Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission property. Therefore, a Discover Pass was not required."

I was parked with my kayak trailer in the parking lot... in the trailer spaces. A good buddy of mine also got a ticket, and paid it before I received my response. I can only imagine how many intentionally false tickets are issued... how much bogus revenue Washington State Parks knowingly collects from this parking lot. You may want to check regs to make sure I'm not just lucky and am getting off when I shouldn't be, but it looks like WA Parks just issues tickets to see if unwitting citizens fork over their cash unnecessarily.

Any chance of you posting a copy of the letter. It might be a big help if someone else finds themselves in the same situation.
Also sending a copy to WA Parks would be a big help.

Bob Newman

I would like something from them that actually shows the boundaries of each property. For years I have put both tags up to make sure I’m covered.

jwg

Did you have your wdfw access pass that cone w your fishing license?
Curious
J

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I'm sure glad that Montana is not into passes for fishing. They seem to pass you to death in Washington.:(:(

Chad Nason

I just cant wait to see Parks out there... I have a few words for any decent folk that would intentionally ticket in an area they know isnt their jurisdiction. That's freakin criminal. What a waste of citizen time & money. And heck... go enforce something worth enforcing!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts