Car break ins? Lenice/Nunnally?

Buzzy

@Bob Rankin just shared his sad (angry to me) story about getting his pickup broken into while fishing the Yakima. Dammit. Two days ago while readying my pram to fish, I was visiting with a guy who said he's been hearing about break ins at Lenice and Nunnally and the Seep Lakes. Be careful what you leave behind.

Buzzy

So are the crooks!
That's exactly what the gentleman suggested to me when I said the parking lot had lots of rigs and my narrow way of thinking that was security in numbers. Jaded response from him was "more loot". I hadn't heard that Lenice and Nunnually were back on the break in scene like they used to be.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
That's exactly what the gentleman suggested to me when I said the parking lot had lots of rigs and my narrow way of thinking that was security in numbers. Jaded response from him was "more loot". I hadn't heard that Lenice and Nunnually were back on the break in scene like they used to be.
I don't really know if they are back on the break in scene. I just stated what I thought seemed logical...of course holding down a job and not stealing seems logical to me also. Crook logic? Hard to say...

Salmo_g

WFF Premium
Someone just needs to lay down in the back seat under something and leave a wallet on the front seat. With a surprise for them of course.

You mean like a "sting" operation? Well only if, when you catch one you put 'em in one of those over-sized bird cages and hang it from a utility pole (due to the lack of trees) and lock 'em up, no food, no water. Add a sign saying "thief," and leave 'em as an example until the crows and bugs pick away the remains. That, I think, might actually have deterrence potential.

Reading threads about theft could make it hard to believe that I'm actually a nice and compassionate guy.

Storybook

Have they checked the dorms at CWU? Years ago my truck was broken into at Lenice/Nunnally and the Grant Co Sheriff called me months later telling me they found my gear and it was a couple of CWU students and that their dorm rooms looked like virtual fly shops.

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
You mean like a "sting" operation? Well only if, when you catch one you put 'em in one of those over-sized bird cages and hang it from a utility pole (due to the lack of trees) and lock 'em up, no food, no water. Add a sign saying "thief," and leave 'em as an example until the crows and bugs pick away the remains. That, I think, might actually have deterrence potential.

Reading threads about theft could make it hard to believe that I'm actually a nice and compassionate guy.

This..!
D3758342-BD14-423F-A3E0-78719910B04C.jpeg

Dblhaul

It used to be that you could drive down the unimproved roads @ Mahre, then BLM "Improved" it. Now you cant park a shuttle or even stop to fish there without a good chance of being broken into. It's a shame, great April BWO hatch in that section.

Gyrfalcon21

Have they checked the dorms at CWU? Years ago my truck was broken into at Lenice/Nunnally and the Grant Co Sheriff called me months later telling me they found my gear and it was a couple of CWU students and that their dorm rooms looked like virtual fly shops.
Or dorms at WSU?? (maybe Yakima Valley CC..well, then there are the crazies from ________)

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
I was parked at the Lenise lot some years ago to pheasant hunt.
I took a nice long walk around the lake and out in the sage.
On my return to my trunk I found a car with some south of the border types and one taking a look into my truck.
I had the dogs heal up and turned my vest around so the orange didn't show.
As quickly as possible I walked toward my truck and when I got within range stopped and waited.
The looker got back in the car and they drove away.
They never saw me.
What would I have done if the asshat broke a window, mmmmmm I wonder.
I'm just glad I didn't have to find out

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts