Car break ins? Lenice/Nunnally?

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
Sadly, another societal trend that has backfired. :(
If these guys knew they would be locked up or saw their buddies locked up for a reasonable amount of time they might think twice rather than using their quick release as bragging rights.

An illustration of the power of drug addiction.
Consequences do not matter. Jail doesn't matter. Family doesn't matter. Life itself doesn't matter to some.
Get more drugs is the only thing that matters. To the addict the drugs are life, above all else, including family, friends, loved ones, jobs, food, shelter, all the basics of a normal person's concept of living.
Addicts don't live, they exist for one purpose, to get and use drugs. They are sick.
To many using addicts being arrested and locked up is a gift. The beginning possibly of
a new way of life.
I understand the the anger even hatred by victims of crime from drug addicts. I get it.
I've been stolen from too many times like many on the forum. JMHO.

KerryS

Ignored Member
An illustration of the power of drug addiction.
Consequences do not matter. Jail doesn't matter. Family doesn't matter. Life itself doesn't matter to some.
Get more drugs is the only thing that matters. To the addict the drugs are life, above all else, including family, friends, loved ones, jobs, food, shelter, all the basics of a normal person's concept of living.
Addicts don't live, they exist for one purpose, to get and use drugs. They are sick.
To many using addicts being arrested and locked up is a gift. The beginning possibly of
a new way of life.
I understand the the anger even hatred by victims of crime from drug addicts. I get it.
I've been stolen from too many times like many on the forum. JMHO.
Addendum to my previous post about thieves. I am a recovering drug addict with over 33 years clean. If someone breaks into my house while I’m home I am not going to take the time to figure out if that person is a drug addict. I going to announce loud and clear I am going to shoot you.

Shad

Pretty sure @Salmo_g isn't actually going to kill anyone if he catches them breaking into his rig. For that matter, I doubt any of us would, as long as we had an alternative that assured us the perp would be punished in a way that might actually prevent them from coming back to break more windows and steal more shit the next day. We all know and abide by the laws that are meant to deter theft, and I suspect most of us are in no hurry to run afoul of murder laws, because we respect those laws, too.

Anyone who has their window broken out by a thief, no matter how "woke" they may be, is going to see red, at least for as long as it takes to get home, cover the new "opening" in your car, warm up from the cold and rain blowing in through the broken window on the trip home, then take a few moments to calm down. The next morning, your anger is renewed when you get to clean up the broken glass from the seats and floor of your car... Then dealing with the broken window and the insurance headaches... It really is enough to make a person muse about ending people....

Ya see, @Driftless Dan , that's the difference between us and the crooks: We have the restraint to prevent ourselves from acting on our dishonest or destructive impulses. Again, I doubt any of us is really going to pull the trigger if there's a way out; it's just that many of us wouldn't shed any tears if we learned someone else did.

Gyrfalcon21

I often wonder what happens that does not make the news when no one dies in a rural square off?
Probably some winged perpetrators, some permanent limps, scars..missing eye.

When we had a spooky looking drug car left abandoned in our cornfield next door couple years back, the cops ran the plates, compared some notes with other officers and told us it was just the local thieves stealing from the other local thieves and that it is a constant game of stealing and payback-up to some fatal consequences.

Last edited:

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
Addendum to my previous post about thieves. I am a recovering drug addict with over 33 years clean. If someone breaks into my house while I’m home I am not going to take the time to figure out if that person is a drug addict. I going to announce loud and clear I am going to shoot you.
Congratulations on your 33 years of clean time. 19 years and counting here.

devincihatchet

I realize the thread is old, but my wife and I decided to go on a drive from our place in Wenatchee to Desert Aire last Saturday. Swung by Lenice and ran into a local. He said truck break-ins are the norm, and to definitely make sure not to park and fish if you are the only car in the lot. He said the sheriff tries to drive by a couple times a day but it doesn't do much to stop the vandalism. The whole area out there looks a bit sketchy anyway.

cdnred

I don't think it matters how many cars are parked there, the opportunity exists and break-ins will occur. The only way around it, is to have a buddy along that will stay with the car the entire day that you're fishing. Hire some neighborhood kid to come along with you when you go fishing just to keep a watch on your car. Times are changing and there's too many druggies/vagrants out looking to make a qwik buck at your expense. It will only get worse as time moves on..

nwtroutguy

The Tug Is The Drug
This thread seems to come up from time to time and the results are usually have the same predictable ending; talk about vigilantism and waiting for the perps. As it was put earlier, you will find yourself on the wrong side of the law if your life is not in" imminent danger".

Long ago, while this was of course going on, I decided to unfortunately pick and choose where and how I want to fish and leave my vehicle. If that means paying for a $ 30 shuttle, then so be it. What is your time worth having to replace gear and windows...?

Thieves will be thieves when opportunity presents itself, ie; a parked car at Lenice or Ringer etc. We are not living in the Leave It To Beaver times anymore and Covid has only made certain folks even more desperate.

How can fishing possibly relaxing when you are worried about your vehicle all day..??

Just saying..........

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
@Bob Rankin just shared his sad (angry to me) story about getting his pickup broken into while fishing the Yakima. Dammit. Two days ago while readying my pram to fish, I was visiting with a guy who said he's been hearing about break ins at Lenice and Nunnally and the Seep Lakes. Be careful what you leave behind.
Leaving nothing behind is your best bet. Take pictures of every other car parked near you and get the plates. My pit bull makes a good security guard.

Jim M-glass guy

I have had a similar break and entry somewhat recently. In front of my house. I awoke one Sunday in March and after breakfast wondered why someone beached a truck in the mid street and in front of my house. After checking it out, I discovered they stole my truck, my work truck and way of me, making my living. After police contact and arrival I found they used my truck in a break in and destroyed the front of a building. It totaled my truck and by the discovery of the truck about 30 hours later I tallied 4 felonies involved. It cost me lost time, income and stress and also I will be working until 74 to be able to make my payments on the replacement newer truck. They destroyed my living for a period of time and I was extremely angry. Not sure I ever REALLY wanted to kill them but significant feelings of anger were there. They were definitely drug addicts as there was wanton destruction and also so much other stolen crap in my truck when found. The individuals got my vehicle as "#2" and it was early in the day. Police do what they can but it is a social shortfall in that drugs are so available and addictive. Sometimes the addiction may come about from maybe a needed surgery; don't know the solution but having a heart attack while dealing with the stress is not a choice I can make. I cannot afford that either as I am a grandfather and hope to have some time with them in the future. I just hope that there is such a thing as Karma and that they get theirs sometime in the future. Or maybe they can clean themselves up as I think there is hope for everyone if they realize they are worth saving themselves. Realization is the beginning of change. I have to believe we as a society can and are able to help others. Just difficult to step back sometimes and see anything positive when waist deep in shit.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts