Info Request: Carp Waters

SARG950

My buddy and I are looking to make a run back to the Moses Lake area for a few days of chasing carp. I'd appreciate it if anyone familiar with that pond could provide some current info on specific areas where we could find those mudflats and shallow areas holding these fish. We will not have a boat (other than pontoons) and so our ability to make a run is very limited. I've checked Google earth as well as lake depth charts but obviously they won't give me any angling reports.

Much appreciated if you can...

Buzzy

Moses Lake might not be your best bet due to algae blooms. Sight casting becomes nearly impossible. BUT: There are a lot of carp in the lake, that's for sure. You might think about the launch at the Rocky Ford end of the lake, there's a DFW site off Neppel Road.
1592235056275.png

You should be able to see this on Google Earth. This area should have less bass boat and PWC traffic than many other locations. Pelican Horn/Goat Island might be another option. I've never personally fished this water but a friend of mine has fly fished it a few times with some success. I can't help with access to this water.....

A couple other options I'd discuss with you via PM.Patrick

Sparse Grey Hackle

My buddy and I are looking to make a run back to the Moses Lake area for a few days of chasing carp. I'd appreciate it if anyone familiar with that pond could provide some current info on specific areas where we could find those mudflats and shallow areas holding these fish. We will not have a boat (other than pontoons) and so our ability to make a run is very limited. I've checked Google earth as well as lake depth charts but obviously they won't give me any angling reports.

Much appreciated if you can...

For big carp, why not smaller water in that area like Gloyd Seeps on the north end of Moses Lake?
Or these lakes of the Columbia Natl Wildlife Refuge: Pillar, Crescent and Soda?

I believe Scooteney Reservoir below Othello also had some pigs in it.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts