Recommendations for boat cover?

SpokaneFisherman

Looking for recommendations for a boat cover that will fit a 14'6" strike with full fishing frame. Found this on amazon but not sure if it will fit over the seats.

bjornjon

Looking for recommendations for a boat cover that will fit a 14'6" strike with full fishing frame. Found this on amazon but not sure if it will fit over the seats.
Are you looking for one to keep on the boat while driving or just to keep the sun/elements off the boat?
I bought a car cover for my 13’6” Strike and it works great to keep sun, snow, etc. off but I would never pull the raft with that cover on it.

SpokaneFisherman

Are you looking for one to keep on the boat while driving or just to keep the sun/elements off the boat?
I bought a car cover for my 13’6” Strike and it works great to keep sun, snow, etc. off but I would never pull the raft with that cover on it.
Just something to keep the sun off the boat while it's parked in the side yard. Still trying to decide, but during the winter I will either park in the garage (and leave the truck outside) or rent a storage facility.

Mark Yoshida

If your headed to Oregon City anytime check out 5C’s
She used to do rafts and did my 8’ pram while I went fishing near Bend. Stopped on my way down (she measured) and Picked it up on the way home (Perfect fit).

soft hackle

I recently purchased a custom cover for my 16 1/2” Koffler drift boat from Elaine at 5C’s and couldn’t be happier! It fits perfectly and just successfully completed a 260 mile trip with no problems. Great for road trips where you want to travel with gear in your boat, but keep things out of sight. Elaine has been making covers for over 30 years. They are definitely more expensive, but worth every penny! I would highly recommend purchasing from her. I have had cheeper covers that only lasted a few seasons before they needed to be replaced. I was told that my cover should last from 7 to 10 years depending on the intensity of the sun. It appears to be bombproof, I would not be surprised if it lasts a lot longer than that!

Take a look at fivecsboatcovers.com or call Elaine @ 503-310-8703

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Do you want it just to cover it while it is stored or also to be on the boat while you transport it?
SF

Speyrod GB

Elaine built 2 covers for me, 1 for my Lavro drift boat and the other for my 14.5 foot Alumicraft. Thee covers are worth every penny. I went through 3 Cabela's "heavy duty" covers on my Alumicraft. Should have gone to Elaine sooner.

soft hackle

Not too many businesses these days that you can actually talk to the person making the product for you. Nobody would be disappointed with a cover made by Elaine. I was able to double check my measurements with the ones that she had listed online and get direct advise from Elaine herself on what dimension cover I should get for my boat. The best cover that I have seen to date.

youknowhowidodo

Blackfoot Outfitters makes a custom cover for the Sotar Strike.
I use a small sized car/truck cover on my 13'6" Strike.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts