NFR--Columbia Autonomous Zone Citizenship Test

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Like every good King County resident that visits another county I take at least 1 job home with me and I build a windmill in some rubes front yard.

Pretty standard practice.
I don't live in King county, but when I did, I used to go work in Chelan County at times, with my crew of course.
We tried to take as many jobs as we could...
After all...thats business.
Free market and all.
My clients hired us because we were better, worked harder and doggone it, they liked us.
Biggest gripe they had was that the lazy workers locally pissed them off, and were unreliable.
:)

Rob Allen

Any evidence to support King Co took all the jobs away from rural Washington?
SF

Tell me what happened to all the timber and lumber jobs. People in cities determined that logging in national forests is bad.. all those jobs ..gone. it certainly wasn't rural communities making that decision.
Steamrolled by city folk..

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Tell me what happened to all the timber and lumber jobs. People in cities determined that logging in national forests is bad.. all those jobs ..gone. it certainly wasn't rural communities making that decision.

So every rural forest products related job totally evaporated and only people in King Co wanted them to go away?
Invasion of the Job Snatchers.
Got it.....
SF

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
In all my Years in Washington I tried not to live in King County. I lived there when me and my first wife got divorced. I just had to get out of Snohomish Co for a little while. I soon moved back into Snohomish Co. I just really hated living there. To crowded for my liking. I lived there about 4 mo. That was long enough

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Automation and efficiency have nothing to do with it, unlike job losses due to those things in every other industry since forever.
Mills aren't more efficient, processors don't cut faster for less cost.

It's all King County.

I'll bet King County put the beaver trappers and buffalo hunters out of business too...and the typewriter business, not to mention the livery stable.

Sportsman

Must have been great to never live in a city. Guessing you were never a farmer, because 'city' folks brought irrigation to the basin. And if spotted owls actually tasted like chicken, a couple hundred Forks residents might have worked a couple more years. So what or who are you Rob, except a bitter doomsayer?

B

bennysbuddy

Lack of harvestable timber may have been a factor

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts