NFR--Columbia Autonomous Zone Citizenship Test

Rob Allen

Have you ever heard of Kim Kardashian?

I have heard of her, no clue who she is though, wouldn't recognize her and i don't know why she's famous..

I am guessing however she is artificially enhanced and not much personality?

In which case calling her a robot made of silicone is really funny :)

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I believe those are called voters...and the taxpayers who subsidize that shithole county you lived in.
Besides.....
You don't even live in this state, and after you spent years on this board complaining about how ' the locals should have the final say', ' they should just stay out', here you are sticking your nose into another states business...
LOL

Go work on your rebellion, where of course you'll be crushed like a bug, but should be fun to watch.

Rob Allen

I believe those are called voters...and the taxpayers who subsidize that shithole county you lived in.
Besides.....
You don't even live in this state, and after you spent years on this board complaining about how ' the locals should have the final say', ' they should just stay out', here you are sticking your nose into another states business...
LOL

Go work on your rebellion, where of course you'll be crushed like a bug, but should be fun to watch.

King county is the shithole.

Charles Sullivan

I go to King County a bunch. I'm there 2 Saturdays a month for much of the year. It's pretty damned nice. They have really nice facilities. The people are great. You get to eat at some fantastic restaurants with many different ethnicity's and flavors being represented. There are museums and aquariums and markets galore. The music scene certainly has it's moments too. The natural beauty is still present with views of the peninsula and the Sound. The weather is rarely hot or cold. You can almost always be outside for 12 months of the year.

It's a really nice place.

Go Sox,
cds

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Well you may say that, not that it means much, but it pays its way in this state, and subsidizes the other counties that can't manage to do so.
Your problem seems to be you gladly take, and the complain about the hand....

How's the rebellion ?

:rolleyes:

Rob Allen

I go to King County a bunch. I'm there 2 Saturdays a month for much of the year. It's pretty damned nice. They have really nice facilities. The people are great. You get to eat at some fantastic restaurants with many different ethnicity's and flavors being represented. There are museums and aquariums and markets galore. The music scene certainly has it's moments too. The natural beauty is still present with views of the peninsula and the Sound. The weather is rarely hot or cold. You can almost always be outside for 12 months of the year.

It's a really nice place.

Go Sox,
cds

Hmm but the streams are so polluted that coho die upon entering them. Full of people who are so nice they insist on being tyrannical towards the rest of the states to get what they want.

Awesome!

Big Tuna

Well, OK, I'll bite. I'm assuming the CAZ is the same thing as the State of Liberty proposal pushed by my current State Legislative Rep. Matt Shea...that is, Washington East of the Cascade divide. Roughly 30% of the Washington Electorate,. We still are "one person, one vote", not "one acre, one vote" so, well, that's one of the reasons he's wrong. But, here you are.

1. Yakima.

2. It's hard to choose, but the Columbia Basin Project outpaces Hanford, just by a few billion.

3. Grant, Douglas, Chelan and Okanogan Public Utility Districts, though they are not in fact county governments. See below.

4. Pend Oreille County, unless you include Skagit County in your Zone.

5. Richland Bombers. Easy. Second best name in the northwest, after the Orofino Maniacs in Idaho.

6. Not all that popular as a place name. He was "the most important prophet in Judaism". Was he a Jew? I suppose that depends on who you ask. As for me, "Jesus Saves, Moses Invests."

7. No Counties own dams on the Columbia mainstem. Grant County Public Utility District owns Priest Rapids and Wanapum, Chelan County PUD owns Rock Island (the first dam on the Coumbia) and Rocky Reach, and Douglas County PUD owns Wells. Wanna get in a fight with an old white guy? Tell a PUD commissioner he's a County Government.

8. I've no idea to whom you are referring. Tourism west of the Continental Divide was not particularly widespread in the early 1800's. Early folks in Eastern Washington might look to David Thompson's 1810's visits and establishments of various posts (as well as reaching Astoria) or the exploits of his voyageur companion Jocko Findlay (for whom there are many family, place, and river names).

9. I'll guess Yakima within the meaning of your question, but having spent some time in many small towns and Catholic churches in eastern Washington, you oughta be careful who you call "minority".

10. The legislature and the Spokane folks have always had a problem thus I'll guess Ellensburg. Most of Western WA and folks on this board figure Washington ends at a N-S line extending from Oroville to Yakima, and I really don't mind, personally.

11. Well, by your earlier post, I guess you're referring to the day north Idaho and Eastern Washington didn't become their own state. I've never heard anyone say it was the most tragic day, certianly not in North Idaho. I believe in the current environment we've yet to see that day, even after the Wobblies and riots in North Idaho and Eastern Washington; the intentional Iodine releases by the AEC at Hanford affecting countless women of my and my mothers' age during their child bearing years, the many, many indignities paced upon the tribes large and small in the Columbia Basin to create what is now a chain of lakes, the Coeur d'Alene lead disaster. Among other indignities suffered by resource colonies.

So, no, not in 63 years have I heard that day referred to as the most tragic day affecting the region. Not even close. By anyone.

But as a lifelong resident, I'll tell you that we need Puget Sound, and they need us. And that without each other we are less. Even when we forget. We forget that most of the Skagit Dams are Seattle City Light projects. We forget that without ports in Washington we can't ship shit. let alone wheat and aluminum. We forget they support our schools, and our roads, and all kinds of other stuff they don't even know about with their money, from irrigation projects they don't even like to roads between St. John and Winona, towns they can't find on a map. They support our cops, our food banks, and all the other stuff we need out here being rugged individualists.

They need us to have a place, a place in the West that reminds them there are still places where you gotta bring your own water. And if you can get from Forks to Wahkiakum, or know why you ought to, you've spent too much time on the Coast.

For me, it's a fair trade. Except there's no steelhead here.

Mods, delete my rant if you must. I'm getting tired of this provincial bull.
I have a Maniacs T-shirt. I’ve spent a bit of time in the Orofino neighborhood camping at Pink House in the fall. Loved their mascot.

Charles Sullivan

Hmm but the streams are so polluted that coho die upon entering them. Full of people who are so nice they insist on being tyrannical towards the rest of the states to get what they want.

Awesome!
I suppose that they could cede their representative share to everyone else. That may make you happy, but I don't see why they should. Over 2.3 million people live in King County. They represent 30% of the population of the state of Washington.
I'm a fan of 1 person 1 vote style governance where representation is based on population. Its the for the people by the people idea you know.
Everyone has a vote in WA state. Rural votes count equally to urban or suburban votes.
Its a great place with many different cultures represented as well as paying far more out than it receives. They are generous that way and don't vote to cut off the rural areas from their state subsidies. I think that is kind of them.
Another thought is that we could equalize the voting power of each county if King County residents equally to all 39 counties. Each county could get 60,000 new residents! What do you think of that Rob. Those uber nice rural folks would welcome them with open arms!

BTW- When you call someones home a shithole you are insulting them.

Go Sox,
cds

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts