NFR--Columbia Autonomous Zone Citizenship Test

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Have you ever experienced GA humidity? I’d rather shovel snow twice per day!

Spent a decent amount of time down south.
Bring a knife to cut it.
Nothing like that here on wet side, but it is a change pace from the usual....
So if it’s too humid somewhere, should I head to Arizona?
SF

longputt

You've never lived in North Dakota, otherwise you'd never say something like that.
Never lived there but I cannot believe the extremes...3 seasons: frigid, mosquito and humidity!

I worked a hay ranch in OK for a summer and could not believe the weather! Outside of a sauna I’ve never had that much trouble breathing!

Rob Allen

Have you ever experienced GA humidity? I’d rather shovel snow twice per day!

I spent 10 days in Atlanta one August installing cabinets i malls. Leaving Atlanta international it was like a heat wall. It was a long time ago so i need to experience it again to be sure. But i think I'd take Georgia heat over Montana winter.
Besides the south has much better food.

SilverFly

You can't build homes out of silicone.
Misuse of the the term silicone is very common. Working in the semiconductor industry it drives me nuts when I hear the term "silicone" in reference to micro electronics. Fortunately I know you can handle being corrected, so I'm not picking on you personally.

Anyhoo, let's clear up this nit-picky technical detail once and for all...

SiliCONE is a chemical compound found in (among many other things) fake boob implants, and also what you buy in the paint section of Home Despot to seal bathtubs, shower stalls, window frames etc... Not what I would choose to build a house with, but definitely waterproof it.

SILICON (no effing "E") is a raw element that is the second most abundant component of the Earth's crust, and most rocks. So technically, using rock products, it is possible to build a house with silicon. Silicon also has semiconductor properties, that in crystalline form, is the substrate on which integrated circuits (IC's or microchips) are built and found in everything from cell-phones and computers, to internet servers, cars, appliances, and likely even mechanized tree-felling equipment.

Sorry, just a long standing pet-peeve. I feel better now.

longputt

Misuse of the the term silicone is very common. Working in the semiconductor industry it drives me nuts when I hear the term "silicone" in reference to micro electronics. Fortunately I know you can handle being corrected, so I'm not picking on you personally.

Anyhoo, let's clear up this nit-picky technical detail once and for all...

SiliCONE is a chemical compound found in (among many other things) fake boob implants, and also what you buy in the paint section of Home Despot to seal bathtubs, shower stalls, window frames etc... Not what I would choose to build a house with, but definitely waterproof it.

SILICON (no effing "E") is a raw element that is the second most abundant component of the Earth's crust, and most rocks. So technically, using rock products, it is possible to build a house with silicon. Silicon also has semiconductor properties, that in crystalline form, is the substrate on which integrated circuits (IC's or microchips) are built and found in everything from cell-phones and computers, to internet servers, cars, appliances, and likely even mechanized tree-felling equipment.

Sorry, just a long standing pet-peeve. I feel better now.

Not to confused with SILICA and now that the dogs are fed and lawn is mowed I plan to stand on a bunch of silica and catch smallmouth bass!

Fast Action Freddie

Having a drink in The Buff
CHAZ and CAZ should have a meet-up, a get to know get-together. Maybe an event or an outing.

Oh yeah ... they already do every Memorial Day weekend in the Okanogan ... at CHOP-East.

edit: the problem with camping at said lake is I’m always woken up in the morning by noise from all the latte machines sounding off (drowning out the sounds of the generators powering them).

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts