What's in your smoker?

gt

last of the coho fillets from Sitka. no fish left after a full year of fish twice a week.:(

Meeshka

WFF Supporter
Smoked Almonds
This one is an easy one, and if you are having the boys over to watch a sporting event and drink some beer they will vaporize!
Recipie:
2Tbs soy sauce
2Tbs olive oil ( I use avacado oil
1 Tbs or more depending on taste Smoked Pacific Sea Salt
Crushed pepper again acording to taste
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp cayanne
1tsp smoked paprika
( This is my recipie - feel free to interchange the spices or even add a tsp of honey)
A healthy portion of raw whole almonds
I put mine in a ziplock container jiggle it around more than once at different times then in the fridge overnight.

Sprinkle the almonds on a perforated tray and set the smoker to 175F. When temp stable, put almonds in for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I prefer mesquite but have used apple for a lighter smoke flavor.

Enjoy
DSC_1392.JPG

Riffling Hitch

Smoked Almonds
This one is an easy one, and if you are having the boys over to watch a sporting event and drink some beer they will vaporize!
Recipie:
2Tbs soy sauce
2Tbs olive oil ( I use avacado oil
1 Tbs or more depending on taste Smoked Pacific Sea Salt
Crushed pepper again acording to taste
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp cayanne
1tsp smoked paprika
( This is my recipie - feel free to interchange the spices or even add a tsp of honey)
A healthy portion of raw whole almonds
I put mine in a ziplock container jiggle it around more than once at different times then in the fridge overnight.

Sprinkle the almonds on a perforated tray and set the smoker to 175F. When temp stable, put almonds in for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I prefer mesquite but have used apple for a lighter smoke flavor.

Enjoy
View attachment 250026
I have access to almond orchards down here and am wondering if anyone has experience with raw nuts... NOT THAT KIND.....
Interested in rosting/smoking from the raw...

Meeshka

WFF Supporter
I had to refresh this thread. seems to have got lost. And its a gooder.
I've been smokin stuff for years on various units. I'm not an expert but I think I qualify as a very good hobbyist
So in trying something new. Had some spicy Italian sausage, Red Onions, Roma Tomatoes, and garden fresh Asparagus. ( at this time a year I get about a dozen a day fresh )
So this is what I built.

DSC_1460.JPG

The experiment was to put everything in the glass container and put it in the smoker at 190 for 2.5 hrs.

So 1/4 in sliced red onions as the base, sausage next layer and it is absolutely covered in gochujang. Thanks I discovered that product somewhere on your web site and I like it.
1/4 in sliced Romas, garden fresh asparagus then added tomato vege juice to just cover the sausage.

In the pit boss for 2.5 @ 190

So this is what I got
DSC_1462.JPG
The asparagus prob a bit over but perfect smoke flavor, can't really taste any smoke in other ingredients
So if I was to do it again. Everything would be separate and combined at the end. I would put the juice and onions in the smoker too for effect to thicken later,

Supper
DSC_1463.JPG
Tasty but always room for improvement.

Just trying to cope with retirement,
Doug

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts