DIY "Hang" marker ideas needed

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
White Out works well! Mark your line every five feet like this _, _ _, _ _ _, _ _ _ _, _ _ _ _ _, etc. for as deep as you want to go. Further adjustments can be made visually By distance to rod tip or stripping guide on your rod.

I mark my anchor rope the same way so it correlates to my sinking line.

longputt

There might have been a little red wine involved in my response but I still do not like fly fishing only regulations.

I was in NZ a couple of years ago and fished a lake that had stupid big fish. It was fly fishing only. Single hook, no weight and a boat cannot move (No trolling). Too often we use fly fishing regulations hypocritically to be elitist.

The other day I caught a few shad by a family that had nothing. I gave them the fish and realized that my reel was probably more than their net worth. It consumed my thoughts for the rest of the day. How can this be right?

This is a hot button for me...so if you were offended by my response I really don’t care. I think about that family eating shad and think about the family that could go to Chopaka and catch some nice fish with a spinning rod doing exactly what you are doing.

Something is messed up in the US and I cannot believe how fortunate I am.

Last edited:

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
There might have been a little red wine involved in my response but I still do not like fly fishing only regulations.

I was in NZ a couple of years ago and fished a lake that had stupid big fish. It was fly fishing only. Single hook, no weight and a boat cannot move (No trolling). Too often we use fly fishing regulations hypocritically to be elitist.

The other day I caught a few shad by a family that had nothing. I gave them the fish and realized that my reel was probably more than their net worth. It consumed my thoughts for the rest of the day. How can this be right?

This is a hot button for me...so if you were offended by my response I really don’t care. I think about that family eating shad and think about the family that could go to Chopaka and catch some nice fish with a spinning rod doing exactly what you are doing.

Something is messed up in the US and I cannot believe how fortunate I am.
Yeah, I read your wine induced comment wrong then. I for some odd reason thought you were acting elitist. My bad.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts