Yakima, Walla Walla, and Pugetropolis

JS

After just getting flamed by an assortment of Westies for even mentioning that it would be ok to fish, it is hilarious to hear of all of your compatriots vacationing in Eastern Washington.

In the last few days I have heard complaints from winery folks in Walla Walla and friends in Ellensburg reporting hordes of Western WA folks coming on over to party with us. You are not following the governor’s orders very closely, Pugetropolis! Stay on your side of the state, please :)

Jim Darden

Well I am a Westsider but hope you will make an exception in my case, I will join your protest!!! I HAVE to cross the pass occasionally just to keep my sanity. In my case, it is an ESSENTIAL trip, sorry King Jay....

Reactions: JS

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Maybe they should toll the pass.
Make it like $20.00 or maybe higher. Maybe even some armed guards and gated ID check checkpoints.
I mean people had major heartburn paying the $3.50 that or whatever it is to cross the new 520 bridge.
It would be interesting to see if they’d divert to Hwy 2, 12 or 14 just to avoid the toll or just say F it. ;)
Would this all be Vlad’s wet dream come true or what?
SF

MGTom

WFF Supporter
Maybe they should toll the pass.
Make it like $20.00 or maybe higher. Maybe even some armed guards and gated ID check checkpoints.
I mean people had major heartburn paying the $3.50 that or whatever it is to cross the new 520 bridge.
It would be interesting to see if they’d divert to Hwy 2, 12 or 14 just to avoid the toll or just say F it. ;)
Would this all be Vlad’s wet dream come true or what?
SF
Should be at least equal to a ferry ride to the OP.

BDD

The Sunday afternoon I90 westbound backups from Cle Elum to the summit were right on schedule yesterday.
Yep, coming back from work yesterday around 4 PM I got to the electronic sign between the two Ellensburg exits and it said congested traffic ahead, with the travel time from there to Snoqualmie Pass to be 110 minutes and I thought WTF...already, we are less than one week into summer?

Last edited:

JS

Yep, coming back from work yesterday around 4 PM I got to the electronic sign between the two Ellensburg exists and it said congested traffic ahead, with the travel time from there to Snoqualmie Pass to be 110 minutes and I thought WTF...already, we are less than one week into summer?
I don’t get it. No sports either. I don’t see how it gets any better. We’re going to go into phase -1 over here.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I find East siders like my money, for this reason if you ever get a twenty dollar bill with coasty cash Written on it, it came from me.

Last edited:

Camo Clad Warrior

Tight Lines and Screaming Reels!
Ha I will be coming over in a couple weeks and will gladly pay a "beer or two" for passage.

Also note I will not be taking photos in downtown. I will be secluded to my camp site and the river. maybe a fly shop for pick up, and maybe a grocery store for said beers.

Please email me the forms needed :)

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I was in that mess on i-90 from E-burg to the summit Sunday. Nearly 2 hours to make that 45 minute drive. Not only that, getting on i-90 near Garrison, MT, about 20% of the westbound vehicles were sporting WA plates. Including mine. Apparently lots of us needed a vacation.

JS

i'm skeptical that there are wineries in walla walla complaining about customers from the west.
Many have asked publicly asked even Benton Co residents to stay away. There is an article in the TC Herald from Thursday if I remember.

I also know for a fact that at least one tasting room of a pretty popular winery closed temporarily, at least partially due to visitors from the West.

dflett68

WFF Supporter
Many have asked publicly asked even Benton Co residents to stay away. There is an article in the TC Herald from Thursday if I remember.

I also know for a fact that at least one tasting room of a pretty popular winery closed temporarily, at least partially due to visitors from the West.
then why are they even open? just opening the doors without non-local traffic means losing money. no matter what the purpose (pickups, enrollment, direct revenue from the room). no "winery folks" with a real vested interest in the business would ever spurn westies, or anyone else from out of town.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts