WTB Looking for a 4/5/6 wt reel

nku16

Hi everyone I recently joined this forum and am fairly new to fly fishing as well. I was looking for a good deal on a reel to match up with my 9' 5wt. Would greatly appreciate any offers and would prefer to keep my budget under $80!

fjay

Hi everyone I recently joined this forum and am fairly new to fly fishing as well. I was looking for a good deal on a reel to match up with my 9' 5wt. Would greatly appreciate any offers and would prefer to keep my budget under $80!
I have a sage 2560 which is a great reel for a 5 wt listed here on this forum. I have it listed for more than you $80 budget, but is a way better quality reel than you will find at that price. Listed here:

Todd C

Those Okuma reels are pretty decent and last. The price is right too. BiMart has the SLV's. I just picked up a new Okuma Sierra 5/6 , and spare spool for $50 on ebay. Or for $99 the Lamson Liquid is a great reel. For $169 you get a reel two spare spools,and a bag. Some fly shops will give you a line credit with the purchase such as Stillwater Outfitters. Either of these choices would last a long time and catch a lot of trout.

nku16

Those Okuma reels are pretty decent and last. The price is right too. BiMart has the SLV's. I just picked up a new Okuma Sierra 5/6 , and spare spool for $50 on ebay. Or for $99 the Lamson Liquid is a great reel. For $169 you get a reel two spare spools,and a bag. Some fly shops will give you a line credit with the purchase such as Stillwater Outfitters. Either of these choices would last a long time and catch a lot of trout.
Thanks, will definitely keep this in mind! Heard a lot of good things about the lamson liquid

Yak

I have a Pfluger Trion 1956 for 5/6 wt lines. Used a couple times with case and box. $75.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts