Hey, it's 4th of July Weekend!

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
The only downside to the 4th for us is the jerks in the neighborhood trying to outdo each other with fireworks. It’s not the kind you buy in the church parking lots. It’s the rattle the windows kind. And they started on the 1st and will likely go beyond the 4th. The 4th usually consists of 2-3 hours of nonstop boom...it gets old real quick.

Otherwise, I’m ready with hots, Resers, and beer...

creekx

spent spinner
Saw The Mavericks in concert a couple years ago and lead singer Raul Malo sang this solo.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
' Crushing it' around my place means mowing the lawn and working in the garden... But since it's a holiday probably grill some beef and toss one back after the chores are done.
Be safe out there.....
+1 I make a point of not fishing weekends, and especially holiday weekends. Do have an overnighter lined up for early next week.

Tmik

WFF Supporter
Working my ass off to wrap up early today (including this wff bathroom break ;) ) then will be driving to Idaho to step in to the wilderness for the next week with my wife. We are car camping at one stop along the way, then will be completely isolated in the woods for the duration of our stay.

Our backpack will follow a river for the first several days with lots of time padding to fish, then we pop up to get to some ridges and access a couple alpine lakes. After several days at the lakes, we will loop back and finish with a couple days along the river on our way out.

Been needing this one badly. Almost out of here!

Rock Creek Fan

This is the first year in the last 25 we are not getting together with our friends for fishing, a BBQ and fireworks - COVID-19 impact. Some of my best times were fishing with my buddy and his sons on the 4th. A lot of great fishing memories were created; 1st catfish, 1st time all 4 of us had 20+" fish on at once, friend's 1st fish, his youngest daughter caught her fish last year - over 17" (he is worried that will be the biggest fish she will ever catch), the 1st white chinook on the BBQ to name a few. But both families determined it was best for all...

4th_1 - 1.JPG 4th_2 - 1.JPG

Last edited:

Spelunker

The only downside to the 4th for us is the jerks in the neighborhood trying to outdo each other with fireworks. It’s not the kind you buy in the church parking lots. It’s the rattle the windows kind. And they started on the 1st and will likely go beyond the 4th. The 4th usually consists of 2-3 hours of nonstop boom...it gets old real quick.

Otherwise, I’m ready with hots, Resers, and beer...
Doesn't beat the maniac thats been lighting fireworks between 3-5 in the am in my neighborhood all week!

Rock Creek Fan

I believe the 4th of July holiday is the start of summer. It is also in remembrance of our country-hood.

Our family always have our favorite friends and family over for the 4th. Against my wife's druthers the 4th is full of fireworks. I am a kid at heart when it comes to them. Her problem is that as I get older my fireworks get bigger. I am now Class B certified. There is a contest between the north end and the south end of the lake I live on regarding who has the best fireworks. Our end of the lake has won hands down the last few years...

Then on the 5th we always go to Montana for a couple of weeks of vacation. We have been going to Rock Creek for over 30 years. Our kids know the next couple of weeks is all about them having fun. We always meet up with my BIL/SIL from Helena. My FIL/MIL normally meet us there. Bicycling, girls get to go shopping (daily?), hiking, playing in the river channels with rubber duckies racing by, sleeping under the glorious skies of Montana and playing with their favorite cousin. Yes - the guys get to go fishing - just not as much as we would like. Great cooking for dinner is a must. Wine tasting during and after dinner has also impacted our fishing time in the evening - go figure...

I love the 4th and the next couple of weeks afterward.

Happy 4th and may you also create great, long lasting memories and traditions!

Last edited:

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
We had a less than epic day yesterday. Bugs had already moved through and the bite was shit.

Still, my boat was looking good and the locals were taking notice. I’m going to count it as a shout out.

Back out today with my wife and mother in law. With so much hawtness in one boat, shout outs will flow like the decimating growls of Ghostface Killer.

Let’s do this.

Hem

We had a less than epic day yesterday. Bugs had already moved through and the bite was shit.

Still, my boat was looking good and the locals were taking notice. I’m going to count it as a shout out.

Back out today with my wife and mother in law. With so much hawtness in one boat, shout outs will flow like the decimating growls of Ghostface Killer.

Let’s do this.
Good luck with that....you got this!
You gotta convince the mother-in-law this weekend is your first break from the daily grind of the job since Christmas. Haha
Rowing lessons to distract her could work as well.

MGTom

WFF Supporter
I got my fishin' in this week, so I'm leaving the water for others and hangin' with family for a few days. Got a play date with my grandsons, real date night planned with my wife, and fly boxes to restock (again, darn trees).

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts