Hey, it's 4th of July Weekend!

MT_Flyfisher

We had a less than epic day yesterday. Bugs had already moved through and the bite was shit.

Still, my boat was looking good and the locals were taking notice. I’m going to count it as a shout out.

E183AC36_7104_40D7_A4FD_9629A9D12058_FullSizeRender.jpg

Back out today with my wife and mother in law. With so much hawtness in one boat, shout outs will flow like the decimating growls of Ghostface Killer.

Let’s do this.
[/QUOTE

These 2 yokels from Texas caught this nice brown yesterday a few miles down the river from you yesterday.

Too bad you weren’t floating by when they were taking this picture. Probably killed that fish. You could have given them a real SHOUT OUT.

1BE9B81B-8A49-413F-814B-8937D01835B7.jpeg

triploidjunkie

Man, @Swimmy your pics are getting me more and more excited about my trip over your way. Not like I needed encouragement. A little over a month, and I'll be there with a box of hoppers.

Reactions: Hem

deansie

Nothing this weekend but a 4 day family float/ camp next week on a river in Northern MI. 6 young kids and 4 adults, lots of sunscreen, bug spray, beers and chaos, what could be better!! Going to be warm so lots of streamers and mouse patterns into the night.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
We had tickets for Sturgill and Tyler back in April but show got cancelled. Bummed but they are rescheduling.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I believe the 4th of July holiday is the start of summer. It is also in remembrance of our country-hood.

Our family always have our favorite friends and family over for the 4th. Against my wife's druthers the 4th is full of fireworks. I am a kid at heart when it comes to them. Her problem is that as I get older my fireworks get bigger. I am now Class B certified. There is a contest between the north end and the south end of the lake I live on regarding who has the best fireworks. Our end of the lake has won hands down the last few years...

Then on the 5th we always go to Montana for a couple of weeks of vacation. We have been going to Rock Creek for over 30 years. Our kids know the next couple of weeks is all about them having fun. We always meet up with my BIL/SIL from Helena. My FIL/MIL normally meet us there. Bicycling, girls get to go shopping (daily?), hiking, playing in the river channels with rubber duckies racing by, sleeping under the glorious skies of Montana and playing with their favorite cousin. Yes - the guys get to go fishing - just not as much as we would like. Great cooking for dinner is a must. Wine tasting during and after dinner has also impacted our fishing time in the evening - go figure...

I love the 4th and the next couple of weeks afterward.

Happy 4th and may you also create great, long lasting memories and traditions!
RC is a little high right now with all the rain we had last few days. Went out to buy my license but no fucking clerk to help out. Going go the one of the sporting goods stores and see if I can find a clerk to sell me one..

As to what I do on long weekends. Well just about nothing. I don't fish weekends. Being I'm retired I just fish during the week. Nobody to fuck with me.

Me and fireworks don't mix. I have three dogs and the noise makes them all find a place to hide. I'll get out next week I hope. Closest river is the Big Hole. But it's a tad high and in the trees.

But starting tonight it will probably sound like WWIII has started.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
@Old Man - one of the main reasons why I go to RC after the 4th is that it always past high runoff waters and usually before the high temps set in.

You probably can buy a license online. https://app.mt.gov/als/index/index.html. Just print it out after completing the data entry. I always do before I leave WA since the Merc does not sell them and Troutbums may no longer be open.

landlocked

WFF Supporter
Right now, I’m supposed to be flogging the Green with yellow sallies and putting a hurt on the looker-uppers. Should be about halfway down the B section getting ready to pull into a riverfront camp for night 1, then tomorrow float on down towards the CO border. BUT, spent this morning in a family intervention for someone who is struggling mighty with booze and depression. Knew last night I wasn’t headed East. Took a deep breath this morning as I walked by my gear pile which never made it to the truck or boat. Then took another deep breath and a sigh of relief when I thought about helping a loved one potentially find the path back to a good life. SHOUT OUT to those who’ve lost that path and fight daily to find it, and to all of those who helped them along. The sallies will be there next week.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
@Old Man - one of the main reasons why I go to RC after the 4th is that it always past high runoff waters and usually before the high temps set in.

You probably can buy a license online. https://app.mt.gov/als/index/index.html. Just print it out after completing the data entry. I always do before I leave WA since the Merc does not sell them and Troutbums may no longer be open.
Oh, I ain't in any hurry. I never fish weekends since I retired. I can always get it next week. With all the rain we had this week and getting it again today. I'm not in any hurry.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts