Hey, it's 4th of July Weekend!

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I'm in a dilemma. Do recognize Swimmy or continue to ignore him. I don't really hate him but there is something there that tells me I won't get along with him. Maybe we are alike. I don't think I can put up with two of me.:eek::rolleyes::eek:

Reactions: Hem

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
Felt more like the 3rd of Julober for me today - 50deg and pissing rain most of the day.

But... it was my last day of chasing spring chinook for the year before switching back to fly fishing for trout. I wasn't on my A-game and whiffed bad on a few good bites which is no bueno when you have to work so hard for each one. Did manage to connect a couple times to close out the season with some stoke for next year. No shout outs, only some stinkeye from a bankie.

IMG_0797

IMG_0807

jersey

livin' the dream
Right now, I’m supposed to be flogging the Green with yellow sallies and putting a hurt on the looker-uppers. Should be about halfway down the B section getting ready to pull into a riverfront camp for night 1, then tomorrow float on down towards the CO border. BUT, spent this morning in a family intervention for someone who is struggling mighty with booze and depression. Knew last night I wasn’t headed East. Took a deep breath this morning as I walked by my gear pile which never made it to the truck or boat. Then took another deep breath and a sigh of relief when I thought about helping a loved one potentially find the path back to a good life. SHOUT OUT to those who’ve lost that path and fight daily to find it, and to all of those who helped them along. The sallies will be there next week.

most don't do the right thing, because it’s hard. congrats to you on doing the right thing. that road is long, bumpy, and tough to traverse. stay the course and hope it works out well.

hitting the surf tomorrow morning on a rising tide for surf perch. fishing the suds is something wild.

Happy Independence Day!

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Right now, I’m supposed to be flogging the Green with yellow sallies and putting a hurt on the looker-uppers. Should be about halfway down the B section getting ready to pull into a riverfront camp for night 1, then tomorrow float on down towards the CO border. BUT, spent this morning in a family intervention for someone who is struggling mighty with booze and depression. Knew last night I wasn’t headed East. Took a deep breath this morning as I walked by my gear pile which never made it to the truck or boat. Then took another deep breath and a sigh of relief when I thought about helping a loved one potentially find the path back to a good life. SHOUT OUT to those who’ve lost that path and fight daily to find it, and to all of those who helped them along. The sallies will be there next week.

Missed this post first time around. Good on you for helping out and vibes to your loved one. Hope they get better
E2pWZR7K_o.gif

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
I'm in a dilemma. Do recognize Swimmy or continue to ignore him. I don't really hate him but there is something there that tells me I won't get along with him. Maybe we are alike. I don't think I can put up with two of me.:eek::rolleyes::eek:

I say keep ignoring. I mean the last thing you want is for me to know I finally broke the great Old Man of WFF.

But either way, I still love ya.
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

SilverFly

Felt more like the 3rd of Julober for me today - 50deg and pissing rain most of the day.

But... it was my last day of chasing spring chinook for the year before switching back to fly fishing for trout. I wasn't on my A-game and whiffed bad on a few good bites which is no bueno when you have to work so hard for each one. Did manage to connect a couple times to close out the season with some stoke for next year. No shout outs, only some stinkeye from a bankie.

IMG_0797

IMG_0807
In the world of freshwater fishing, spring chinook on the fly, is the definition of "crushing it". I don't know of a non-saltwater fish that is more challenging to hook, and will tear you a new one like a fresh springer. Consider my hat tipped.

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
In the world of freshwater fishing, spring chinook on the fly, is the definition of "crushing it". I don't know of a non-saltwater fish that is more challenging to hook, and will tear you a new one like a fresh springer. Consider my hat tipped.
While I have caught a fair number of spring chinook on the swung fly north of the border, these were caught on conventional tackle. After spending hours and hours trying to get fresh WA springers to bite a swung fly, I decided I was too old and my remaining water time too precious for such masochistic endeavors. So, WA = gear and CA/AK = fly. They are hard to get on gear too...

Hem

Got in a good mountain bike ride this morning. Took care of some household stuff. They say the weather might turn this afternoon...hoping for rain to diminish the chance of prairie fire with the piro chit.
Speculating about a little day drinking.:)

SilverFly

While I have caught a fair number of spring chinook on the swung fly north of the border, these were caught on conventional tackle. After spending hours and hours trying to get fresh WA springers to bite a swung fly, I decided I was too old and my remaining water time too precious for such masochistic endeavors. So, WA = gear and CA/AK = fly. They are hard to get on gear too...
They are just plain hard to get. My hat is still tipped.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Garden work is all done, mowed, weedeated, plants handled, place looks sharp.
Just how I like it...
'Crushed it the last 6 hours'
;)

Happy Hour starts at 4 pm...I got 10 minutes longer.
Walk the dogs with a cocktail, then fire up the grill.
Elk NY strip with a port wine demiglace, roasted potatoes, some fresh peas and a salad, all from the garden of course.
.....With a nice Brunello, just because it's a holiday.
Happy 4th....be safe if you're out and about.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts