Hey, it's 4th of July Weekend!

Hem

JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Slow day of fishing to end a killer weekend but absolutely stellar weather.

DSC_6487.jpg

Now back at the camper winding down with my wife and planning the next adventure. I'm thinking it is time for some backpacking....
Good idea to get it all in. No telling what kind of smoke conditions coming our way. Bugs getting fired up in the high country.:(

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
I ended up on San Juan Island for the weekend, partly for fun and partly for research. And as the town, in its infinite wisdom, had decided to proceed with its annual fireworks display (but cancelled the parade), it seemed like a great opportunity to see how well the TG-5 could handle pyrotechnics.

But before the human show, there was a natural show in the form of a full moon on a calm, largely cloudless sky.

MoonriseP7040342.jpg

The harbor filled with boats to view the display, including two ferries that tarried in port for the duration of the half-hour show. [Frankly, it would have been hard for them to have left the dock with all the boats scattered around.]

FridayHarborP7040332.jpg

And then it began.

FireworksOverFridayHarborP7040343.jpg FireworksOverFridayHarborP7040366.jpg RedWhiteBlueP7040372.jpg RedAndWhiteP7040377.jpg BlueAndWhiteP7040380.jpg WhiteOverFridayHarborP7040385.jpg WhitePalmTreesP7040392.jpg TwinsP7040395.jpg RedWhiteAndBlue7040404.jpg PalmGroveP7040405.jpg LayersP7040430.jpg PalmGroveP7040431.jpg RedWhiteAndBlueOverWhiteP7040444.jpg BrightWhiteAndWhiteP7040443.jpg LayeredP7040458.jpg

The honking of boat horns and the ferries' whistles indicated the delight at the display.

Steve

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
I ended up on San Juan Island for the weekend, partly for fun and partly for research. And as the town, in its infinite wisdom, had decided to proceed with its annual fireworks display (but cancelled the parade), it seemed like a great opportunity to see how well the TG-5 could handle pyrotechnics.

But before the human show, there was a natural show in the form of a full moon on a calm, largely cloudless sky.

View attachment 246113

The harbor filled with boats to view the display, including two ferries that tarried in port for the duration of the half-hour show. [Frankly, it would have been hard for them to have left the dock with all the boats scattered around.]

View attachment 246114

And then it began.

View attachment 246115 View attachment 246116 View attachment 246117 View attachment 246118 View attachment 246119 View attachment 246120 View attachment 246121 View attachment 246122 View attachment 246123 View attachment 246124 View attachment 246125 View attachment 246126 View attachment 246127 View attachment 246128 View attachment 246129

The honking of boat horns and the ferries' whistles indicated the delight at the display.

Steve
Nice work, Steve !

WAS

Swimmy, did you run into any golden stones during or at the end of the CA stone hatch?

"Pretty country, this Montany"

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Swimmy, did you run into any golden stones during or at the end of the CA stone hatch?

Lots of goldens.

And yellow sallies, caddis (both black and tan) pmd's, and green drakes.

Pretty much a bug buffet.

WAS

Lots of goldens.

And yellow sallies, caddis (both black and tan) pmd's, and green drakes.

Pretty much a bug buffet.

Decisions, decisions. Do I go with the yellow plate special, fruit bowl or the mixed salad? Fish life is good in those rivers.

When my wife and I migrated West in the early 70's we stopped in Boze for the night. The next morning we had our coffee outside and gazed at the scenery, then had a real serious conversation about if we should stop there and forget about going on to WA. Being one who has to have a plan I opted to keep going and we both have no regrets doing so, but sometimes I wonder, "what if?"

Glad you got your selves some and thanks for the pics, I really enjoyed the voyage.

Wes

creekx

Director of Stoke

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts