Oregon Water Access Permit.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Just an FYI for those that might not know.
This popped up in my news feed.
I wouldn’t have been aware of this if I traveled to Oregon to fish.
Is this a relatively new requirement in Oregon?
SF

Snopro

It's in the fishing regs so you would see it there. You can purchase it from ODFW while picking up a fishing license.

This permit has been in place for awhile as the AIS but was modified this season to the WAP, with a price increase. It's supposed to provide money for education and access sites. It will probably be like the CBE money, who knows where that disappeared to.

KillerDave

Have camera, will travel...
It's in the fishing regs so you would see it there. You can purchase it from ODFW while picking up a fishing license.

This permit has been in place for awhile as the AIS but was modified this season to the WAP, with a price increase. It's supposed to provide money for education and access sites. It will probably be like the CBE money, who knows where that disappeared to.

Wolf Management, most likely. It's the latest financial whirlpool.

Shapp

FYI - While the Waterway Access Permit regulations went into effect January 1, 2020, enforcement of the new Waterway Access Permit does not start until August 1, 2020 according to the Oregon Marine Board.

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
Huh. You'd think they'd want to encourage non-motorized watercraft for green reasons.

Probably pushed by the Big Bass Boat lobby... ;)

Does it apply for out-of-staters? For example, you don't have to register your motorboat in every state you visit.

Spawnflyfish

Spawn Fly Fish
WFF Supporter
This isn’t surprising to me. I know states around the country have looked for ways to get groups outside of the hunting and fishing community to help the financial side of access sites. It’s my guess that this isn’t something they intended to target fisherman rather a new pool of outdoor enthusiasts that will help ensure these boat launches and access sites remain open and funded for us all to use.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
This isn’t surprising to me. I know states around the country have looked for ways to get groups outside of the hunting and fishing community to help the financial side of access sites. It’s my guess that this isn’t something they intended to target fisherman rather a new pool of outdoor enthusiasts that will help ensure these boat launches and access sites remain open and funded for us all to use.

As long as fees like this actually go to improve things like ramps, access, maintenance and upkeep and to clean up after all the slobs, I won’t have a problem paying it.
So, is that where it goes or does it go into the black hole of the general fund?
Does anyone know?
SF

Spawnflyfish

Spawn Fly Fish
WFF Supporter
As long as fees like this actually go to improve things like ramps, access, maintenance and upkeep and to clean up after all the slobs, I won’t have a problem paying it.
So, is that where it goes or does it go into the black hole of the general fund?
Does anyone know?
SF
Absolutely this is vital information. I’d be curious as well!

B

bennysbuddy

It's just another tax.....brace yourself, there will be one for swimming next....be careful who you vote for!
are you that famous fly guy with a photo in Les Johnsons saltwater fly fishing book ?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts