NFR 2020 College Football

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
NFR for OMJ
We’d normally be about a month out from most teams report to fall camp with opening season kickoff less then two months away.

There are a number of teams reporting multiple players with the virus. Some as many as 30 players.

College football is my favorite sport to watch.
It was he a nice respite from all that is going on but I also want the players to be safe.

So, do we have a season or not?
Games with no fans?
I’ve also seen the idea of a spring season floated around as well as just playing the season with no out of conference games.
The money crunch is starting to show up with coaches and staff taking pay cuts.

Who are your thoughts on a potential or not college football season in 2020?
SF

Dawg

Watch to see if the IVY league announces tomorrow that they are moving their football season to the spring, it is rumored that will happen. USC recently reversed their decision to open their campus this fall and will hold classes online only. With all of the recent outbreaks, the pressure will be immense to move the season to the spring, and hope for the best that we have a vaccine before then. I am really disappointed in the failure of our country to do as well as so many other countries in dramatically lowering the infection rate. By far not worst result of this damn virus, but not having college football in the fall will really suck. My daughter is an ICU nurse and has said the spike in patients and the seriousness of the illness is all very real. She also said she wished everyone out in crowds, bars, beaches etc without masks could see what she sees on one shift. Pretty sure we would not have an issue with many not willing to wear masks...

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
In a report on football and networks sent to investors last week, Wells Fargo Securities wrote, “We think most college football will be canceled.” One reason: testing protocols and regulations vary by state and the NCAA cannot unilaterally rule for the season to start.

Dr. Magill

Follow the Money!!! The hit these institutions will take may bury the smaller programs. They will do almost anything to salvage a season. I’m hopeful as I’m with Stonefish - college football is one of my favorite things to do in the fall.

creekx

Director of Stoke
Follow the Money!!! The hit these institutions will take may bury the smaller programs. They will do almost anything to salvage a season. I’m hopeful as I’m with Stonefish - college football is one of my favorite things to do in the fall.
True, because in most cases the football program funds all other sports. Even basketball schools like Duke need their football program (yes, they have one) to pay the bills.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Ivy League cancelled all sports till 2021, and it'll probably be longer if cases spike in the winter cold and flu season.
Time to realize there's not going to be a lot of sports I'm guessing, simply going to be unworkable for most leagues.
Of course till a few players die, the money will make the decisions, but after a few deaths, I figure folks will come around.
:(

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts