NFR 2020 College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
That was the best game I've seen all year! The NT game hopefully will be Bama vs Clemson...as it should be.
Nice job by the Gators. Closer than I would have liked... A lot of jumping around and ranting over that big gain on 3rd and 17 by the Gators.

Amazing night for Najee, Smitty and Mac but it was a team win.

On the downside, I was heartsick for Landon Dickerson's injury. He seems like a helluva young guy. It'll be tough sledding for us without him anchoring the O-line but more importantly, I hope he has a as close to a full recovery as possible and this doesn't keep him from his NFL goals.

Defense is full of freshmen and sophomores. Looking forward to seeing that side of our game next year post-pandemic.

Roll Tide!

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Bruce, if ND plays 'Bama the beat down should be even worse. The ND schedule wasn't exactly comprised of a lot of heavyweights, had Clemson's quarterback been available for the first game there wouldn't be any discussion about ND right now. I have seen overrated ND teams fail in big bowl games before yet they still manage to weasel their way in by way of a soft schedule.

Bruce Baker

Bruce, if ND plays 'Bama the beat down should be even worse. The ND schedule wasn't exactly comprised of a lot of heavyweights, had Clemson's quarterback been available for the first game there wouldn't be any discussion about ND right now. I have seen overrated ND teams fail in big bowl games before yet they still manage to weasel their way in by way of a soft schedule.
Yes, ND's track record during the BCS system was terrible...Ohio State, Alabama, and LSU all put on a big beat down. That has to also be a reflection on Kelly's coaching.

I thought for sure that Clemson's whooping would have knocked them out of the playoff.

It gets tiring of seeing ND get ranked as high as it does based on the name and not the product.

Kelly also said something about boycotting if family members cannot attend the game due to California restrictions. I can see him being overriden by his bosses due to the $$$$$.

BDD

I did not like ND growing up, mostly because my dad did not like them, complaining that they were always on TV when he wanted to watch other teams. He also thought they were often overrated and I naturally following suit with my thinking. Then I watched Rudy...then ND became not so good for many years, to the point of being almost irrelevant so I softened my opinion of them a little, perhaps a sign of maturity. I wouldn't go so far as to say I felt sorry for them but I found it easier to ignore them than to dislike them (I try not to hate anything or anybody). Now I don't really put in the energy to dislike ND, the Cowboys, Mike Tyson, or even NASCAR; its just not worth the effort.

But I am a little surprised that the committee, after Clemson spanked them yesterday, still voted ND into the fourth spot when they just got trounced by the second ranked team and only beat them earlier without their starting QB. I would have dropped them out of the top four and replaced them with Texas A&M if only to have someone different in the playoffs. You just saw what ND did so no surprise there. But you don't really know how Texas A&M will do...probably not any better but at least there is a different team in the mix.

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

What about the other matchup? I think I'm going to be pulling for Clemson. I really don't like Ohio State - this goes back to the Pac 8 - Big 10 Rose Bowls from years ago. I'm from Pasadena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts