NFR 2020 College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Magill

Well the current situation dictates that I cheer for The Ohio State University. Can’t ever recall doing that but the Tide??????
Can’t do it

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I know some worry about the number of games involved in a play off scenario and the sanctity of the bowl games but I do feel it is time for change. Maybe less pre-season action and maybe a two or three tiered play off to recapture the games lost in pre season .
Games like that (and ND) make a strong case for the playoff system, with teams from different conferences facing each other.

How many teams would make the ideal playoff? I think 8, Power 5 conference champs and 3 at large.

I agree. I’d like to see it go to eight.
Five power 5 and 3 at large as Snopro mentioned.
That would help teams like Oklahoma which had early losses this year but was playing super at the end of the season.
If the lower divisions can have expanded playoffs, the CFP certainly can.
Money talks.......
SF

bobduck

Whiskey Tastes Best from a TIN CUP
My fishing buddy played for Woody Hayes. He passed 2 years ago but I cheer on those Buckeyes every game. He adopted the Ducks when he came out west and for years we had season tickets together. When the Ducks played the Buckeyes for the natty we decided neither of us could lose. Ducks have a tough game today. I will be cheering them on. My banners are out. And then when the Natty comes up I'll be a huge Buckeye fan.
GO DUCKS & BUCKS!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I really like Iowa State’s head coach, Matt Campbell. He’s done a hell of a job there and been successful everywhere he’s coached.
He’ll be in line for a better gig soon.
Supposedly his dream job is Notre Damn.
If that happens, it will be hard to continue rooting for him. :)
I think he’d be a perfect fit for Michigan if Harbaugh leaves in the next few years.
SF

landlocked

Somebody is going to throw stupid money at Matt Campbell. I hope he sticks in Ames and keeps sticking it to the big boys, or at least makes them lose sleep every week. He’s built a tough-nosed football program.

Gyrfalcon21

I thought Sarkisian acted like a pompous ass when he left for USC. Now, maybe I am not remembering it right, but I was happy he was gone.
Never was a big Sark guy. He did get the Huskies off the carpet and had some big wins.

Bruce Baker

The one Baker Mayfield commercial where he is playing a video game on the scoreboard, reminded me of when the Huskies' got their new scoreboard. Sark had mentioned that the resolution and quality of it was so good they could play video games on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts