NFR 2020 College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

landlocked

WFF Supporter
Few thoughts on this:

If that was a Seattle Time article, I'm sure Jen Cohen would be on that list. Which, outside of the purple, I feel wouldn't be a bad hire.

How in the hell did Limo Larry get a contract extension a few years ago after absolutely tubing the network deals and overseeing the keystone cops of college officiating? The Pac needs to hire the lawyer that negotiated his extension to write up the contract for the new AD when it happens.

The continued failure of the league's front office and the associated poor decision making was for sure initiated by Larry and his minions. However, the random defecation by the front office in all aspects of overseeing the league is ultimately the fault of the Pac school presidents allowing the inmates to run the asylum. Head scratcher for years for me.

Blow up the swanky, overpriced leases in San Fran. Move the offices to Bakersfield or hell, Barstow, (where old, broke gamblers go to rot anyway....and face it the Pac is in that category right now, and its close to Vegas where they should leverage venues more). Go into cashflow triage immediately, make smart fiscal choices! No more interest free loans, wholly crap, who approved that sheyat?!

On the bright side-

Ding, Dong the witch is dead!
Which old witch? The wicked witch!
Ding, Dong the wicked witch is dead!
He's gone where the dew drops go...We know! We knowowow!
etc. (sung with great joy)

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Few thoughts on this:

If that was a Seattle Time article, I'm sure Jen Cohen would be on that list. Which, outside of the purple, I feel wouldn't be a bad hire.

How in the hell did Limo Larry get a contract extension a few years ago after absolutely tubing the network deals and overseeing the keystone cops of college officiating? The Pac needs to hire the lawyer that negotiated his extension to write up the contract for the new AD when it happens.

The continued failure of the league's front office and the associated poor decision making was for sure initiated by Larry and his minions. However, the random defecation by the front office in all aspects of overseeing the league is ultimately the fault of the Pac school presidents allowing the inmates to run the asylum. Head scratcher for years for me.

Blow up the swanky, overpriced leases in San Fran. Move the offices to Bakersfield or hell, Barstow, (where old, broke gamblers go to rot anyway....and face it the Pac is in that category right now, and its close to Vegas where they should leverage venues more). Go into cashflow triage immediately, make smart fiscal choices! No more interest free loans, wholly crap, who approved that sheyat?!

On the bright side-

Ding, Dong the witch is dead!
Which old witch? The wicked witch!
Ding, Dong the wicked witch is dead!
He's gone where the dew drops go...We know! We knowowow!
etc. (sung with great joy)

Sports Illustrated article.

I agree they need to relocate the PAC 12 offices and reduce costs, which should help fund more money to the member schools.

The reason I like 2 and 3 on the list is they come from schools that know what type of money it takes to compete at the highest levels, which is something the PAC 12 hasn’t done in a long time.
I think both would be good choices and then get outside consulting from media vets about the next TV contract, which will be key to becoming competitive again. They’ve already been doing some of this which hopefully played a role in Scott getting canned.

Getting rid of Scott won’t be an overnight cure, but it is a start to hopefully being relevant again.
SF

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts