Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

recommendation for a floating device

573 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tippet 
#1 ·
i would like to hear some opinions on a frameless, rowable floating device. does such a thing exist?? no float tubes please and frameless will be important because of limited space.

thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Pleased with my Outcast Stealth Pro. Lots of good options. Do get a carry bag for the craft you finally decide on- makes transport much easier.

#6 ·
I see that you are 78 years old. I'm 4 years older than you and can pretty much assure you that weight makes a difference. I was using a pontoon that weighed about 50# and was a grunt to load and unload. Several years ago I bought a Scadden Outlaw Predator that weighs about 15 # and now I can handily put it on top of my car without busting a gut.

I got the high performance carbon fiber oars that are also very lightweight. The boat has been excellent for several years and is very customizable. It is easy to row, faster than a Watermaster and very comfortable. I don't do rivers in it but it has seen a lot of Washington still water. A great boat for an old dude.

#9 ·
Ive,
I also have a Scadden Outlaw Predator and love it. You may be interested to know that Scadden has upgraded his Outlaw Predator to the Predator Lo Pro X. It weighs 4 pounds less than the predator (!!!) and has less wind resistance. Great boat for fishing lakes!

#8 ·
thanks folks, plenty of choices to explore. i appreciate your taking the time. and yes this would be for still waters only. i sold my custom built cataraft, a real Ferrari, years ago after having great fun on moving waters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.