FS Full day Guided Fishing for 2 rods on the Kenai River in Alaska

Razkal

@followmyfly (on instagram)
So my life has taken some exciting turns, yet I'm unable to utilize this day in the foreseeable future. Dave Lisi of Coopers Landing fishing guide graciously offered this trip on the Kenai River in Alaska as a raffle prize which I won last year.

Details:
Full day guided fishing trip for 2 anglers on the Kenai River with Coopers Landing. No expiration date, can be utilized at anytime. There are various times in the year which they outfit will recommend depending on the species you wish to fish for...

What's Included:
Full day guided fishing trip for 2 anglers on the Kenai River, transferable with no expiry. All equipment included - waders, rods & flies, drinks and snacks, local pick-up and drop-off in the Cooper Landing area. There are no blackout times and the trip doesn't expire, as Dave does realize it can require a bit of planning to come all the way to Alaska.

Not Included:
Fishing licenses, lunch and specialty food items, airfare, rental vehicle and lodging.

Valued at $550, I would just like to recoup the my expenses for gas, lodging etc when I went down to Speynation last year which was $375.

PM me with any questions or interest. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1200px-Kenai_River.jpg
    1200px-Kenai_River.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 22

roadglideguy

I would be all over that if we are ever allowed to travel across the border again!...I am going to give it some thought!

Razkal

I would be all over that if we are ever allowed to travel across the border again!...I am going to give it some thought!
[/QUOTE

I’ve skimmed a few sites and havent read that there is a ban, just restrictions to follow up when travelling. Maybe better for someone who’s already up that way, or willing to wait this all out as there’s no expiration or black out times. Let’s see....
Thanks for the interest.

Meeshka

Awesome River. Fished it before with guide about 10 years ago. Buddy caught a 65# king salmon on his first time fishing!

Freestone

WFF Supporter
I’ve skimmed a few sites and havent read that there is a ban, just restrictions to follow up when travelling. Maybe better for someone who’s already up that way, or willing to wait this all out as there’s no expiration or black out times. Let’s see....
Thanks for the interest.

The border is closed for Canadians and we have many on WFF, including him.

Bowbonehead

Even a US citizen would have problems if they were driving as you must show that you have residency in Alaska to travel through BC ..... however one could fly

Razkal

Even a US citizen would have problems if they were driving as you must show that you have residency in Alaska to travel through BC ..... however one could fly
Flying would be the way to go for sure. Especially with the current prices on tickets.

Robert Engleheart

Robert
WFF Supporter
There are very few big kings left. In fact there are few kings anymore.
True that, they will fish the giants to extinction. In the 1980’s I saw 100-120# fish caught by setnets off the mouth, truly impressive fish. 60# fish will probably be upper size now. The Kenai River Sportsman’s Association is anything but. Between them and the guides they have pretty much wiped out the giants. Damn shame.

fishingAK14

Great pickup for someone. I hope whoever decided to take advantage of this opportunity has a great time. It's still a magical place, even with the changes in the king runs. I spend all fall on the river, it's a great time, the fishing is amazing, and the crowds are gone.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts