Wanted Sage 8wt or similar

brmtn

... streaming ... ...
Would much rather find a rod here than on ebay. Looking for a 9' 8 wt (or a reasonably close suggestion) for an upcoming saltwater trip to North Carolina with my brother. We will be fishing for Mahi Mahi and False Albacore from a boat for one full day and inshore/light surf (Reds and Flounder?) on foot for two days. My brother will be tying up clousers, flatwings, 1/2 & 1/2s, etc. in sizes 4 through 2/0. I have a 8'9" 7wt glass rod that I use for bass and an el-cheapo 8' 9wt graphite as it is and would plan to bring both of them. I've never owned a Sage rod but figured this would be a good reason to finally seek one out. Budget is under $400 (including shipping to Virginia). I would like to find a 3 or 4 pc, with a fighting butt. Happy to hear your suggestions. Also... I am planning to make it to Nova Scotia next year and would hope to bring this rod for Atlantics if so. Also open to offers of suitable reels+lines (I have a Hardy Marquis 8/9 presently but would consider an upgrade). Thanks,
Daniel

I have a Sage Method 790-4 B with custom reel seat.Brand new never fished.I would sell for 400 and split shipping with you as I have no idea what it would cost to ship to Virginia? I no longer have the original tube if that's important to you.

brmtn

... streaming ... ...
I have a Sage Method 790-4 B with custom reel seat.Brand new never fished.I would sell for 400 and split shipping with you as I have no idea what it would cost to ship to Virginia? I no longer have the original tube if that's important to you.
pm sent. Thanks!

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
I have a Sage ONE 8 weight 9'6" 4-piece in very good condition. Send a PM if you want photos.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts