NFR 5 Gallon Bucket Toilet with Snap on Toilet Seat Questions

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
So i finally did it. I bought a snap on toilet seat lid for a 5 gallon construction bucket.

Does anyone have experience with these?

I purchased packets of bio eater chemicals from RV section at wall mart to make it smell better. The bio turns solid waste and toilet paper to liquid to help control odor.

I also used heavy duty 45 gallon construction bag for a liner.

Did this so i could camp with out using the camp bathrooms that may pose a covid risk.

Do you use a liner? Do you use any kind of chemical to keep it from stinking too bad?

SaltyCutt

Beach Bum
WFF Supporter
So i finally did it. I bought a snap on toilet seat lid for a 5 gallon construction bucket.

Does anyone have experience with these?

I purchased packets of bio eater chemicals from RV section at wall mart to make it smell better. The bio turns solid waste and toilet paper to liquid to help control odor.

I also used heavy duty 45 gallon construction bag for a liner.

Did this so i could camp with out using the camp bathrooms that may pose a covid risk.

Do you use a liner? Do you use any kind of chemical to keep it from stinking too bad?
I have used one for a while and been happy with it. I just use the treated bags, the seat doesn't really stay on the bucket very well so keep your balance! It's been really handy to have specifically in desert areas

Merle

Not New, Just rarely post...
A 45 gallon bag? In a 5 gallon bucket? Seems like you’d just be putting a small corner of the bag in the pail with a ton of bag hanging out.

But I get wanting to use the thickest toughest bag material possible.

My wife wants one of these for camping, so I’m interested in hearing how they work for people. How do you dispose of the filled bags?

Thanks, andy

bconrad

I have one for the boat, have not needed to use it yet so no feedback on technique. For whatever reason I read about using kitty litter which makes a lot of sense to me. Much less of a disgusting mess in the bag.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Sportsman warehouse near me in Puyallup was completely out of any kind of toilet seats for buckets, the foldable toilet or any kind of bars or chemicals for these toilets. It seems everyone has the same idea. Let’s go camping but I do not want to risk coronavirus in the overcrowded, dirty public outhouses.

I used construction bags cause that is all I had and I fo not want tohave a bag break in my van. I am lucky that I have a full size work van. I screwed in a sheet of plywood for mymain line machine, so I can use that area for privacy and easy to clean as there is no carpet like in an suv

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
This bring back memories I took the family camping/fishing my daughter at that time was 6/7yrs old I took in the woods show her how dig a hole and squat over it take a dump and piss, the next morning she grab the shovel ask tme to come with then told me to stay back a ways she founded her spot did her duty covered it up came back I did it daddy I peed and poop.

Freestone

WFF Supporter
Greg, better than the RV odor control stuff is a powder that turns any liquid waste into jello and encapsulates solid waste. One popular brand is Bio-gel but there are others too. Not only does it make it safer in case it tips over but makes it very easy to throw the bag away when it is ready to be tossed. I would also recommend that you use two bags as bags have been known to leak! If you can convince your wife to use the bushes or other container for most liquids, the gel will last a lot longer.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts