FS Burkie - Winston -orvis fly rods

Seahawks

8133-3 Burkie classic - used , strong powerful rod, with Burkie soul , great BC Everything Spey, extreme juju stick 1000 plus club hookups steelhead and salmon , use to be all I used , don’t go after big boys and large river enough to justify keeping: $420

Winston -1m6 -8.5 ft -6 wt - 2 piece ,Used,great dry fly rod , nice sweet old school Winston action , be great for local live on or near the right spot
$400

Orvis superfine glass 7.5ft 4 wt - lightly used
S-2 glass so can handle large fish no problem , local bass hole special
$300- warranty card included sold

Orvis superfine glass 6.5 ft 2 wt - NEW , cast bro’s , sweet rod accurate casts farther than u need in most situations , loved short 27 ft orvis super fine line , true 2 wt , $350 warranty card included sold

Last edited:

Rob Allen

That 8133 is an old one, that is to say a great one. You can tell by the shape that Kerry ground the handle. It's actually likely that Kerry did all the work on that rod. I believe that one day they will be the most collectible.

Seahawks

Kerry did do all the work back then , 7113-3,8113-3,9143-3 were the ones back 20 yrs ago, wind cutter days . The 8 and 9 wts were ones I used, 9143-3 loved the wind cutter, big boy tips to touch and go dry line . 8133-3 is so much lighter swing wt so started fishing it and leaving 9143-3 alone . I would fish hard for month straight and never get tired or beat up from 8133-3 , lots of soul in that lineup, 133 seems to be money length in 7 and 8 wts for medium to large rivers .

Seahawks

Burkie , Winston , orvis 4 wt glass still available

Burkie’s a legendary rod priced close to 1/3 of new one

Winston be good for lovers of old e glass , sweet medium - slow to medium action

Orvis 4 wt glass endless great reviews ,S2 glass faster than u think , similar to medium graphite with more enjoyable fight on fish

$1000 gets u all three

Lower 48 only

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts